Gibson Brands Forums

ouch

guitar_randy

My 5 year old high efficiency furnace went out 2 nights ago with the weather below zero.It went out late at night,after business hours(of course)so had to pay big bucks for emergency service.Bill will be somewheres between $750 to $1100.Needed new blower motor,capacitor,and circuit board.Crew who installed it left broke a connection on the circuit board,which slowly burnt out the blower motor.

5 years old and had to drop another chunk of loot that big to keep it going.Incompetence of the installer has caused alot of grief.Its hard to find a reliable heating/cooling business.They all state they are great,but I guess I found out how great this guy was.

My 5 year old high efficiency furnace went out 2 nights ago with the weather below zero.It went out late at night' date='after business hours(of course)so had to pay big bucks for emergency service.Bill will be somewheres between $750 to $1100.Needed new blower motor,capacitor,and circuit board.Crew who installed it left broke a connection on the circuit board,which slowly burnt out the blower motor.

5 years old and had to drop another chunk of loot that big to keep it going.Incompetence of the installer has caused alot of grief.Its hard to find a reliable heating/cooling business.They all state they are great,but I guess I found out how great this guy was.[/quote']

Blower motors are cheep....where do you live... I can get em wholesale. Let me know if you need any heating/cooling stuff. BTW. I wont make money off you.

Merph, SkG, djroge1, and Mrenolds you get up charged 10%.... j/k

sorry to hear it man wish I could box up some warm air and send it your way it was 81 outside today thought about turning on the AC seems wrong in January though.

if youve had a lot of issues call the registrar of contractors office may not help you if your warranties over but warns others if they did a suck job installing it.

Blower motors are cheep....where do you live... I can get em wholesale. Let me know if you need any heating/cooling stuff. BTW. I wont make money off you.

Its repaired now.

capacitor-$5

blower motor-$175

circuit board-250

labor,due to it being after hours was $175 for first hour,$50 every half hour after that,until business hours.

Thanks though

sorry to hear it man wish I could box up some warm air and send it your way it was 81 outside today thought about turning on the AC seems wrong in January though.

if youve had a lot of issues call the registrar of contractors office may not help you if your warranties over but warns others if they did a suck job installing it.

It was -14 here last night not figuring in the wind chill.Its below zero today again.Local schools and public places in the area were closed today due to it being so cold

Ouch, I guess they don't make that stuff like they used to. (Then again it sounds like it was installed badly - don't know if you have any recourse there). I've got a 20 year old heat/AC unit that I know is going to croak soon. We can do without heat down here, but you sure can't!

Thats terrible that you lost heat in these below normal cold temperatures.

It is wonderful news that you have your heat back.

I'm sure you and your family are relieved also.

i was a very stressful night.I have a fireplace to fire up,but when its this cold for so long,I gotta worry about a pipe freezing without heat.

Archived