Gibson Brands Forums

Finally got the J45 Custom Setup

SlopeS

I bought the guitar a couple weeks before Christmas so bad timing to get a setup done on it. I've had a lot of guitars set up professionally and know how much better they play. But I was surprised that the J45 not only played better, but sure seemed to sound better too. It may be in my head, but the voices said it wasn't. I liked this guitar a lot before, but it is quickly becoming my favorite! I've been looking for the right J45 for 5 years, and am pretty sure i found the right one! Just a rant.... [smile]

Can you say what was done? I've got a new J45 custom that I'm waiting for a week or 2 for a set up. Although this seems to be already very playable and done to Gibson specs, I think I'll prefer my action a little higher.

I noticed mine played much better after a good "pro" setup too. Mine didn't really open up and sound great to me for about 8-12 months after I bought it however. It was "GOOD" but not "GREAT" when it was new. Bet yours will only get better as it lives life a bit. I haven't had my Custom out in about 4 months maybe. Last time I did that it had really made another improvement in sound. Don't know how it can get much better, well, except with a Great player pluck'n him. Ain't a gonna be me that makes him sing to the heavens. [rolleyes]

Aster

Archived