Gibson Brands Forums

this makes me angry

hoross

ahem....i already got it lol

Yeah :D Typing on my phone was epically slow :D

If it doesn't affect the function of the guitar, I'd personally (assuming the shop doesn't sort you out) consider it a mojo mark, and get her played hard to conjour up even more mojo :)

Hey Bro- sorry to hear of your dilemma. I've experienced this too...with guitars and some expensive handguns I own. Only you can decide what you can live with. But quick story along the lines of Billymagnum's experience;

Ordered a Fargen Blackbird 20 amp from a distributer years ago. REALLY nice Fender Blackface type and distributers were few and far between. I ordered the amp from a northwestern state and drooled all over myself till the day it came. It came on a Friday afternoon, I opened the box, that had NO visible damage. To my dismay it had a dent / crease, about 3" long on the top!!! Of course, it was the last one the distributor (NOT a big-box store, BTW) had and I e-mailed him right away. He asked for a picture of the damage, which I sent promptly. He said "You know, we did use this "in store" to demo- try to get others interested in the amp / maker", Understandable but why did you not be up front? He told me he'd send a retun label via FedEx or refund me $200.00. No dickering needed on my part, and although I was pissed, the $200.00 took the sting out of it. The amp was AWESOME otherwise. I took the $200. thanked him with a light reprimand about being up front with his customers, and was, in the end, happy.

Hope the same for you my friend! Let up know what you do / the outcome, please!

Brian

Hello Hoross!

That's how it goes...

You receive Your new guitar, and being excited You do not see those tiny faults. As days go by, You notice a hairline crack here, or a scratch there.

yea, I'm sure my wife felt the same about me 6 months into the relationship.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived