Gibson Brands Forums

gibson lg2 3 / 4

Motherofpearl

Ya 1500 or less I'll need.

Well, if you want to do it on the cheap, and I mean really cheap:

May I suggest the new Epiphone EL-00 Pro (made in Indonesia & sporting a Fishman pickup).

Now if you'll stop laughing for one moment & drive to the nearest GC, you might be pleasantly surprised. Only catch is, you may want to drive to two or three GCs to find the best one. That's just what I did in a quest for the ultimate knock-around-small-body-bargain-basement-acoustic ($299 less 15% on one of the revolving sale days).

Played three on the same day, and while two sounded somewhat tinny, the third was (and remains) as sweet as key-lime pie. Did I mention how much I liked that cute little '50s LG-2 3/4 I used to own? Well, take the silly E off the pickguard, and you've another little cutie, but with an X-braced solid spruce top!

Edit: Okay, you're in Canada so GC is out (or do you live near the border?).

Regardless, best of luck in your search!

That may not be a bad idea! Na I'm north of the border by atleast 12 hours. Northern alberta. I'll check out kijiji though and maybe I'll find something close that I can go check out? Or maybe this little guitar is destined to be with me. Nick I had an LO0 that I bought from eBay. It came with the tail piece busted out nit sure if you recall. Either way I foolishly sold it to a friend who plays the blues like it's know body's buisness and couldn't really afford a guitar. So in reality I pretty much gave it to him. He loves it and plays it everyday. So that in itself makes me happy. I'll look for an LO0 if I can find one cheap enough

Either way I foolishly sold it to a friend who plays the blues like it's know body's buisness and couldn't really afford a guitar. So in reality I pretty much gave it to him. He loves it and plays it everyday. So that in itself makes me happy. I'll look for an LO0 if I can find one cheap enough

Same fate befell my L-00. Gave it to my girlfriend who was probably the best blues fingerpicker I had ever heard. Last I heard (which was years ago) she was still playing it.

It's basically an LG2 that was dulled down with an adjustable saddle contraption, but with enough design quality to be able to maintain good punchy tone. 14 and a quarter inch lower bout width, if I recall. A great $900 guitar. Well maybe $1200 if you get an early 60's in good shape.

Archived