Gibson Brands Forums

Sheraton Union Jack

misterbruce

I just purchased a Sheraton Union Jack.

The Frequensator Tailpiece looks Off Centre compared to the design on the top. Drives me CRAZY!

Anyway, someone told me the design is not centered and the tailpiece is okay, I don't believe him, but I may be wrong.

How can I measure to find out for sure?

Also if the Tailpiece is centre but I want to move it over by maybe a 1/4" so that it looks straight with the design, will this be detrimental to the sound or playability of the guitar?

Thanks for your help,

Bruce

Thank you very much for the info. My Tech says that it is definetley the paint job that is off centre, which I do agree on now that I looked closer for a few days. However, he said that moving the tailpiece may interfere with tuning, as the strings would be pulling/dragging on the edges of the saddles which may interfere with smooth tuning. I don't have any pictures yet, I am playing it too much. This is a Limited Edtion, does anyone know how many they are making? The John Lennon EJ-160E was also a Limited Edition, but they went on for years and years and just discontinued it in 2014. I have one of the original Korean Models.

1426348988[/url]' post='1639823']

Thank you very much for the info. My Tech says that it is definetley the paint job that is off centre, which I do agree on now that I looked closer for a few days. However, he said that moving the tailpiece may interfere with tuning, as the strings would be pulling/dragging on the edges of the saddles which may interfere with smooth tuning. I don't have any pictures yet, I am playing it too much. This is a Limited Edtion, does anyone know how many they are making? The John Lennon EJ-160E was also a Limited Edition, but they went on for years and years and just discontinued it in 2014. I have one of the original Korean Models.

See the 'Epiphone Sheraton Union Jack Waiting Thread' here in Epiphone Electrics...lenghty thread, I'm sure a lot of your questions will be answered and more.(:--)

Archived