Gibson Brands Forums

MLK my day off

buddy light

Nice fish all around! That is one fat gator trout, KSG. Here's a striper I caught a few months ago at my sister's in South Carolina... Not a beast, but fun. You shoulda seen the one that got away.. really. I ran out of line and bing!

IMG_0024.jpg

Surfpup your avatar makes you look 18. Be a crusty old fart like the rest of us.

BTW. [/img]

Well you can see by the fish pic, I ain't 18 anymore. But I don't guess I'm lookin' too bad for 45. I feel pretty crusty, though.

I was 25ish in the avatar pic.

untitled3.jpg

look at the size of this one i got today. a good 8 lb. butterfly peacock. threw it back.

Ah man!

I stopped buying fishing licences a few years ago when they got to $28 and I'd catch maybe one or two fish a year!

Waaaahhh.

Here in Commiefornia, the fish have civil rights I think.

Throwing back 8 lb bass. Imagine!=P~

Ah man!

I stopped buying fishing licences a few years ago when they got to $28 and I'd catch maybe one or two fish a year!

Waaaahhh.

Here in Commiefornia' date=' the fish have civil rights I think.

Throwing back 8 lb bass. Imagine!=P~ [/quote']

fishing licenses in fla.?? we dont need no stinking licenses.

fishing licenses in fla.?? we dont need no stinking licenses.

Day-um!

No wonder you throw your fish back.

They didn't cost you an arm and a leg!:-k

I'm not sure what fishing licences are up to out here on the left coast, but it makes any keeper a um, keeper!

We used to catch and release (some I released were pretty far from the boat when they got um, "released"), but now I just by 'em frozen!

Not a thrilling fight mind you (except maybe for the parking space at Safeway), but fish at least.

Dang.

When I was a kid we fished and ate perch and bass every (summer) day in Upstate New York. Back in those days in Keuka Lake (1950's) a 3 pound smallmouth black bass was good eatin' size. And we ate a lot of smaller ones too.

Sigh...

Archived