Gibson Brands Forums

HNGD To Me!!!

jaygl

My new to me 2012 50's Tribute. I'm loving the sound of the 490/498 PU's. Neck is super playable too. As far as the baked maple fretboard goes, can anyone say ebony? Blindfolded, I would guess it to be ebony for sure by feel, but has some definate maple "snap" to the sound. She's been played and is about to get a whole lot more!!!

IMG_0017_zpskuyjcqoq.jpg

IMG_0018_zps2x6piirp.jpg

IMG_0021_zps456pyjyb.jpg

Congratulations!!! [thumbup][thumbup]

Looks very cool! I LOVE a smooth and dense fret board, and the torrefied maple is just awesome to play on. I wish it were a standard feature or at least an option for any guitar. I'll bet that thing just smokes through your Marshall, too!

Enjoy it!!!

HNGD!!! :)

Congratulations!!! [thumbup][thumbup]

Looks very cool! I LOVE a smooth and dense fret board, and the torrefied maple is just awesome to play on. I wish it were a standard feature or at least an option for any guitar. I'll bet that thing just smokes through your Marshall, too!

Enjoy it!!!

HNGD!!! :)

Smokes is a good way to put it! Man, the 498/490 pup set sound so smooth in the mid range and have a very nice bass response. I've owned studios, classics, customs, etc. and would put this bad boy up against any of them. 50's neck is awesome. I've read alot of great reviews about the 50's tributes and now I know why.... [thumbup]

Archived