Gibson Brands Forums

G-Force tuner not turning the b string.

scottpaine_69

Searcy I have a question for you. I asked if the tuning keys were labled for the treble and bass sides. He said no and that I would figure it out. I've only had the b tuner off and in all the pic. I've seen they all look the same. So how do I tell Which is the treble side and bass side? It may be obvios when I get them but for now I have no clue. That's if they do send me 4. I may just get 2. I guess I'll know in about 10 days..

Dude, you'll be able to tell.

They are backwards from each other. You know...mirror images.

I know I can remove the G-Force. I don't want to remove it. This is the first issue I've had with it. It's great for what I do and I know there may be some hickups with it along the way and I'm confident that Gibson will work out the kinks. It may never have anymore problems again for all I know. If it gets to the point of becoming a major problem then and only then will I remove it. They will be selling old school tuning keys till the end of time so I have now worries. If you don't like the G-force system then you can remove it or not buy any guitars with one on it. I want it, I like it and I'm keeping it for as long as possible. Gibson has treated me very well in the past with other guitars and they are doing so now with the G-Force on my 2015 Gibson Les Paul Classic. Come on! Look at all the recalls for automobiles, At least my guitar doesn't have a gas pedal that sticks at full throttle and slams you intoa tree at 120MPH. Or fuel tanks that blow up the car when you hit a pothole. I don't fear new stuff on guitars because I know that my guitar isn't going to have a malfunction that will kill me...lol.. Just Saying.

Searcy I have a question for you. I asked if the tuning keys were labled for the treble and bass sides. He said no and that I would figure it out. I've only had the b tuner off and in all the pic. I've seen they all look the same. So how do I tell Which is the treble side and bass side? It may be obvios when I get them but for now I have no clue. That's if they do send me 4. I may just get 2. I guess I'll know in about 10 days..

It's not hard to figure out. Take a look. There are bass side tuners and treble side tuners.

2E415080-A627-4C84-BF86-7602A823E86C_zpsuppvoc06.jpg

I know I can remove the G-Force. I don't want to remove it. This is the first issue I've had with it. It's great for what I do and I know there may be some hickups with it along the way and I'm confident that Gibson will work out the kinks. It may never have anymore problems again for all I know. If it gets to the point of becoming a major problem then and only then will I remove it. They will be selling old school tuning keys till the end of time so I have now worries. If you don't like the G-force system then you can remove it or not buy any guitars with one on it. I want it, I like it and I'm keeping it for as long as possible. Gibson has treated me very well in the past with other guitars and they are doing so now with the G-Force on my 2015 Gibson Les Paul Classic. Come on! Look at all the recalls for automobiles, At least my guitar doesn't have a gas pedal that sticks at full throttle and slams you intoa tree at 120MPH. Or fuel tanks that blow up the car when you hit a pothole. I don't fear new stuff on guitars because I know that my guitar isn't going to have a malfunction that will kill me...lol.. Just Saying.

Yea, my 70 year old dad still can't believe that there are people stupid enough to try to make music with guitars that have to run on electricity. "What if the power goes out while you're on stage? What if you blow a fuse? Even their acoustic guitars have electronics in them!"

[lol] [lol]

Scott, how many different tunings per night do you use?

Tunings for the currant live band 2. But it's learning the cover tunes that the G-Force comes in handy. Take 5 sec. to tune from standard to half step down or a full step down. That's quicker than maunual tuning and lets you get to jammin a lot faster. The Studio stuff that I work on with my buddy has me tuned way down to A# then with the E string in a drop D mode. I have that low setting save in 1 of the user banks. Makes it quicker don't ya think? Plus, Changing strings are much quicker with the G-Force as well. Thanks for the backup Searcy. Don't Make Billymagnum turn the car around.

Tunings for the currant live band 2. But it's learning the cover tunes that the G-Force comes in handy. Take 5 sec. to tune from standard to half step down or a full step down. That's quicker than maunual tuning and lets you get to jammin a lot faster. The Studio stuff that I work on with my buddy has me tuned way down to A# then with the E string in a drop D mode. I have that low setting save in 1 of the user banks. Makes it quicker don't ya think? Plus, Changing strings are much quicker with the G-Force as well. Thanks for the backup Searcy. Don't Make Billymagnum turn the car around.

I want to use the G-force system on an acoustic, but it needs to be reliable. I might have to purchase an extended warranty for piece of mind.

Scott, did those new tuners fix your G-Force?

Haven't received them yet. They just gave me a tracking # today. Should be here by 4/23/15 or 4/24/15. I do believe it will fix it. I noticed from a pic. and one that I removed that there was a piece missing on mine. Where the tuning key is there is a brass looking piece almost like a gear but on mine there is just an empty space. There is a small rectangular gap on mine with nothing there. Bottom right is what I'm talking about.Min_ETune_tuner_2__24913.1416414092.1280.1280.jpg?c=2I just found out the replacement parts for my G-Force will not arrive until Monday 4/27/15 now.

Haven't received them yet. They just gave me a tracking # today. Should be here by 4/23/15 or 4/24/15. I do believe it will fix it. I noticed from a pic. and one that I removed that there was a piece missing on mine. Where the tuning key is there is a brass looking piece almost like a gear but on mine there is just an empty space. There is a small rectangular gap on mine with nothing there. Bottom right is what I'm talking about.Min_ETune_tuner_2__24913.1416414092.1280.1280.jpg?c=2I just found out the replacement parts for my G-Force will not arrive until Monday 4/27/15 now.

I don't think that is a gear. It might be a contact for signal which would explain it not working.

I received 3 treble side and 1 bass side tuning mech. for my G-Force today. I replaced the the b string tuner and all is now well in my world with my g-force tuning system. I sent Gibson an e-mail on 4/15/15 about the b string not moving automatically and The replacements arrived today (4/27/15). I think that's pretty quick plus the fact that they sent all 3 treble sides and 1 bass side instead of just the 1 problem tuning mech. was pretty cool of Gibson to do so. That's at least $160 to $200 in the parts they sent if I had to buy them. I had a problem and Gibson fixed it so I'm very happy with them so far.

I received 3 treble side and 1 bass side tuning mech. for my G-Force today. I replaced the the b string tuner and all is now well in my world with my g-force tuning system. I sent Gibson an e-mail on 4/15/15 about the b string not moving automatically and The replacements arrived today (4/27/15). I think that's pretty quick plus the fact that they sent all 3 treble sides and 1 bass side instead of just the 1 problem tuning mech. was pretty cool of Gibson to do so. That's at least $160 to $200 in the parts they sent if I had to buy them. I had a problem and Gibson fixed it so I'm very happy with them so far.

Great to know they stepped up to the plate.

That's great they sent you the 4 tuners. I have 3 Gibson's with Minetune but I just removed the Minetune off my SG 60's Tribute. I've had warranty issues with that module and it still is the most glitchy of the 3. I had enough and put locking 18:1 Grovers on. I do like Minetune but I still have my reservations about making it standard issue on every guitar. If you have a unit that works reliably they can be an excellent feature.

That's great they sent you the 4 tuners. I have 3 Gibson's with Minetune but I just removed the Minetune off my SG 60's Tribute. I've had warranty issues with that module and it still is the most glitchy of the 3. I had enough and put locking 18:1 Grovers on. I do like Minetune but I still have my reservations about making it standard issue on every guitar. If you have a unit that works reliably they can be an excellent feature.

The b string not tuning on its own was the only problem I've had with it (I could still tune it manually) . I replaced it and it's back to working perfectly so I'm happy with it as well. If it was to turn in to a problem I would replace it. For now I like it and saves me lots of time.

Hi Scott, sorry to hear you have been having problems with your new guitar , hope it gets sorted for you . Mine came back from the dealer

a week or so ago and whatever they have done to it , it seems fine now .Fingers CROSSED [thumbup] good luck

Mike

Hi Scott, sorry to hear you have been having problems with your new guitar , hope it gets sorted for you . Mine came back from the dealer

a week or so ago and whatever they have done to it , it seems fine now .Fingers CROSSED [thumbup] good luck

Mike

Thanks! Everything is good on mine now. Hope all stays well with mine and yours..

Archived