Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Goddess - Comparison & Contrast to Classic ?

raven1844

Hi all, not sure if this has been posted before or not, but here goes. I have an opportunity to purchase a Les Paul Goddess in the violet-burst color, and have a few questions about the build and design of the Goddess.

According to the descriptions I've read, they described the Goddess as being "streamlined" and "light weight". I'm sure these are chambered - but is the body shape itself smaller than a Les Paul Standard, Classic, or Studio? Is it "scaled down"? I own a 2000 Les Paul Classic in HCS, and was wondering if any Goddess owners can give a comparison/contrast between the Classic and the Goddess. A side by side photo of the two models would be awesome. I know they both have the 60's neck, and that the Goddess has a different bridge, ebony fingerboard, and is minus a vol. & tone knob. Other than that - anything else different or similar?

I'm not concerened about whether or not these are supposed to be "girly" guitars- I think they look cool! Plus, the violet-burst reminds me of a purple Les Paul that Bruce Kulick was pictured with years ago in an advertisement for S.I.T. strings (although that was not a Gibson LP). Besidses, I consider all of my basses and guitars as being "female" anyway, so who cares!

Thanks!

I played one in that color at the 2006 Summer NAMM show, but haven't seen one since.

As I recall, it was a great guitar. Felt great, played great, sounded great through even the crappy headphone stations at NAMM.

I own a Classic. The Goddess' body is definitely smaller than a Classic, but not so much that it's a problem.

The tops have a nice, gloss finish, but the sides and back are satin finished; the binding is white as opposed to the natural/cream color of the Standards and Classics; the inlays are also white; and they have locking Grovers. The guitar has a slightly smaller/more narrow feel, for instance, the nut width is just a bit less than the standard or classic (if I recall correctly, it is 1.625" v. 1.695").

http://www.gibson.com/en%2Dus/Divisions/Gibson%20USA/Guitars/Discontinuted%20Models/Les%20Paul%20Goddess/

Good luck!

Archived