Gibson Brands Forums

Bbg's Sunday song .HD35

blindboygrunt

Now I'm curious. What would be the major difference between the HD-35 and the HD-28? I'm getting that the three-part back increases bass response (I have an M36, so I'm aware of this) but what other key differences between the two guitars?

Basically, I'm trying to figure out if one has a D28 does one need a D-35? Is the HD vs. plain D a crucial enough difference to the average strummer?

Have to say my 1984 D-35, which served me so well since 1991, has been outshon by the relatively new 2000 HD-28V.

Especially after the latter has adjusted to my touch and style.

The mids were quite stiff when I got it, but has loosened up and a very low action took the kinda overblown attitude out of the monster.

Right now I carve a new wider spaced bone nut, which hopefully will make it sublime. Have also reduced some of the neck-V-shape.

Waiting for a set of files as I speak, but the thing is sanded and pre-slotted, ready to go. Please mister postman. . .

After all BBG's fun, I had a HD28V day yesterday!

What an incredible sounding guitar, can do blues in a pinch, but out comes the Neil book...again...

Perfect!

And Em7 is shaving necks again? Somebody shaved the V off my old L-0 between the 1st and 3rd fret and left the rest...strangely playable but tricky with capos! [mellow]

BluesKing777.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived