Gibson Brands Forums

War

LarryUK

About re-directing money spent on war to improving mankind's lot in life.

I disagree with your disagreement. Canada puts the money they don't spend on military into universal health care. Now this system has its problems, but us liberal canucks think it is better than the alternative.

Vancouver, Canada just had it's tenth (That's right, only 10)murder this year. There's something to be gained by being a peace loving people.

With no disrespect to our friends to the north, Canada hasn't really HAD to come around too much over the years in conflicts. A bit like being the group of people that are content to have others do the dirty work do they don't have to get involved. How would you deal with the people lopp'n off the heads of their countrymen or neighbors? And they are doing much much worse and having great fun with others suffering & demise. I can't feel okay with others that are strong slaughtering those that have no way to defend themselves. I never in my life wanted to "pick" a fight for fighting sake. But when I have seen others being brutalized or beat, that's the time to stop the beater and fast.

Aster

And with all sincerity & nothing other that true curiosity, just what do you believe we should have done, w/o war, for Hitler, & all they, and the Japanese were doing to people? Not being a know it all nor a "wise guy." I'd really like to understand what people truly think, how they would do, and why they believe the outcome would be as they think.

Aster

Hitler should have been stopped as he was, with war declared. That is entirely consistent with what I said. Hitler acted on his unshakable (mistaken) beliefs.

Islamic State are exactly the same. They are positive they are serving a gods purpose by making the planet Islamic. If they cannot be reasoned with, then they need to be stopped in the last resort by force of arms.

Simple, logical, and IMHO, clear thinking response. Thanks!! What what would your response be to that question lashurst?

I would agree there's NEVER a good reason to go off w/o a proper & justified mission. It is a terrible shame some groups just Cannot be reasoned with. What a waste of live & living. I have never understood why some forces just love to live in, and bring misery to, other around them. [confused] That would surely be a empty mission in life!!

Aster

Archived