Gibson Brands Forums

Weird Weather

Namvet

Was it off the dock, off the deck of the boat, or just plainly rasseling a Croc for the bbq? [biggrin]

Tide was really low as I tied up at the pier to go get the boat trailer. I dragged the boat along as close as I could get without realising it was hard to pull....well I did realise, but put it down to the wind blowing the boat against the pier.

When I tried to pull the boat to the trailer I couldn't do it so jumped in the boat and looked, the leg of the outboard was missing, obviously buried in the sand. Never seen it as low as this before!

I tried to tilt the motor but couldn't so I jumped over the back only to find I sank into soft sand or mud right up to my knees. Bugger! It was really hard to pull my legs out and my Crocs (plastic shoes ideal for boating) were gobbled up by the ooze. I managed to unstick the outboard leg and tilt it getting more wet in the process. About then an older couple turned up and asked if they could help so I asked them to pull the boat to the trailer., Meanwhile I was struggling to find my footware that had been so recently eaten by the "ramp monster". Eventually I managed to find them deep in the ooze and proceeded to walk the last few feet in the water to the ramp.

First step saw me drop 2 feet deeper and the water was just under my chin...I can see the headlines "Digger swallowed by quicksand at boat ramp" Fortunately it stayed that depth and rather embarrassed I retrieved the boat and made my rather bedraggled way back to camp. Sadder but wiser.

I gave up trying to BBQ live Crocs years ago as they don't bloody like it...Grin~

The ice age we've lived through for 10000 years is ending. You'll know when it's ended because the ice caps will melt. The definition of an ice age.

In the 60s politicians were already working out how to convince people that climate change was Man made and then tax it. Don't worry. It's supposed to happen.

So right you are Farns. I had posted a reply about global warming citing scientific evidence and some liberal had the audacity to state the science was not true. That is what we have to deal with in today's world. If it doesn't fit the agenda, it's not true.

Rains finally stopped. We had just under 4" (in December). Sad thing is each year they setup a "Make a Wish" Christmas lights display in a large drive thru Waterworks Park we have. People pay to drive thru with a car load to see all the light displays (about 2 miles worth of animated lighting. Fundraiser for terminal children and they get to pick a wish from some of the proceeds. The Raccoon river came up that runs thru the park and that was that for the fundraiser. Under water. It usually runs for 6 weeks and made it about 2. I know where I'll send some $ for a donation this year. I like it as it's all donated time (electricians installing stuff & people working there) so 100% goes to the kids. Called Jolly Holiday Lights.

Aster

Jolly Holiday Lights

Archived