Gibson Brands Forums

Weird Weather

Namvet

Same thing way up here. I could have cut my grass on Wed if I wanted.

Finally got hit yesterday. Not seeing snow until now up here is unheard of.

And it's warm.

If this is global warming bring it on.

Gotta go find me some CFCs.

Lol.

Guest Farnsbarns

The ice age we've lived through for 10000 years is ending. You'll know when it's ended because the ice caps will melt. The definition of an ice age.

In the 60s politicians were already working out how to convince people that climate change was Man made and then tax it. Don't worry. It's supposed to happen.

about 100F/38C here yesterday and 75/25 today - always an unsettled time of year in early summer.

The current ice age has actually been on for a coupla million years and we are in one of the warmer periods within it where glaciers melt, but hey, imagine being one of those bugs that only live for 24 hours - those guys must totally freak out about climate change with every passing hour! [scared]

Yeah the weather has been weird here too. It should be way colder for this time of year that even the plants don't know if they should be blooming or not (some are)... but then I think its just a shift.. The last few years we get the cold more like January to May (with snow in April :unsure: ) where as it used to be like November to March was the cold season...

But I agree with Farns.. I do think however that even if its inevitable and part of the earths natural cycle, we are speeding things up a bit with all our co2 output... Either way its gonna happen.....

No........chuckle, it was 17C or 64F with cold winds as a strong front was coming through. 17 is a winter temperature here!

The outlook period is showing low 20's though~

(Converting C to F is double C and add 30)

No........chuckle, it was 17C or 64F with cold winds as a strong front was coming through. 17 is a winter temperature here!

The outlook period is showing low 20's though~

(Converting C to F is double C and add 30)

Yes as I thought..

I once went to Oz in about March time... It was about 22 degrees... All the Aussies were walking around in jeans and jumpers, I was wearing T-shirt and shorts.... lol your winter is not winter its just a bit less hot :P

We shattered a 116 year old record for snow here. We didn't get any for the season yet! It's going to be in the 60s tomorrow. I think I may go to our summer cottage and jump in lake Erie. The lake temp is 45 degrees, so that is out, but I can at least pretend it's still summer.

We shattered a 116 year old record for snow here. We didn't get any for the season yet! It's going to be in the 60s tomorrow. I think I may go to our summer cottage and jump in lake Erie. The lake temp is 45 degrees, so that is out, but I can at least pretend it's still summer.

45 F? I think not!

I ended up in the water this week and fortunately for me it was 21C or 72F, not too bad at all really~

I think it's a grave error to look at a month or two...

This year here we've had climate predictions of a relatively warm and "open" (little snow) winter - but the forecast for this coming week is functionally a blizzard warning Monday and Tuesday.

<grin>

m

In the low 50's right now. Last night we had fog 1st, then a HELL of a lighting/thunder storm with pounding rain. We've received at least 1.5 - 2" of rain since last night. My rain gauge, the lilly pond, is flooding and it was down 2" from the top. They are predicting another 2" before the rains end sometime Monday. Glad it wasn't 28 degrees here or tomorrow would have been a tough day for work!!! [scared]

That storm is clear up the center of the Country right now. Must be "Global Warming" at the root of this I certain of it! :rolleyes:

Aster

Archived