Gibson Brands Forums

a new old pair of acoustics..

slimt

Cool. We have a 22 F4 too. Odd case, these mandolins. When Lloyd Loar, came there were a bunch of double pot necks on the bench -- Lloyd had them routed for a truss rod, right through the double pot. Go figure. I am thinking ours may have been there at the same time as yours

They are GREAT instruments -- congratulations!!

Best,

-Tom

1922F-4a_zpsbqcvp1ol.jpg

That's some crazy inlay on the L7. Is it original?

Thanks.. The L7 is completely original, crack free...original inlays.. ones that look missing are there.. just deteriorating.., redline striped case and all.. it came with the original Pick as shown, Gibson script string box and sleeves as well..

Cool. We have a 22 F4 too. Odd case, these mandolins. When Lloyd Loar, came there were a bunch of double pot necks on the bench -- Lloyd had them routed for a truss rod, right through the double pot. Go figure. I am thinking ours may have been there at the same time as yours

They are GREAT instruments -- congratulations!!

Best,

-Tom

1922F-4a_zpsbqcvp1ol.jpg

Thats cool as well... I see the Cover is offset as well. just like mine.. The F4 I have was an original family ownership item from southern Illinois ,till I got it..

Great pair of instruments. The window frame inlays on the L-7 were only done for a couple of years, I think. The L-7 really is an underappreciated guitar. Functionally the same as an L-5, but dressed down.

Cheap intro into carved back and carved top Gibson archtops.

Nice! I love the F style mandolins but do not play near well enough to warrant spending any more than the couple of hundred bucks I laid out for my pre-War Strad-O-Lin. I guess I could always replace the busted up back on my 1933 Recording King. But that is just another in a line of "when I get around to it" projects.

Archived