Gibson Brands Forums

Joke for our British friends......

onewilyfool

Hopefully this will bring Therm back.....

A British Bobby (policeman) walks up to a car with tinted windows and taps on the window with his night stick. The driver (who happens to have three heads) rolls down his window. The Bobby looks in and says, "Well, hello, hello, hello."

Think about it.....Therm where are you????

my DW is from England - her brother and parents still live over there, and she'd go back in a second. I find it curious that "car keys" and "khakis" sound exactly the same when she says them. Also, our living room (the room where the kids aren't allowed to play and where I usually practice) looks like a palace rummage sale. what is it with commemorative plates, cups and saucers? I do like all the Robert Taylor prints of Lanc Bombers all over the place, though. :-)

It's all part of life's rich tapestry. There are stereotypes with most countries that the rest of the world find idiosyncratic or amusing (the Brits preoccupation with the weather, the American's dearly held right to keep a gun and shoot each other, the Dane's love of raw Herring...).

Fortunately there's one thing we can all laugh about together - the French! Merde!

It's all part of life's rich tapestry. There are stereotypes with most countries that the rest of the world find idiosyncratic or amusing (the Brits preoccupation with the weather, the American's dearly held right to keep a gun and shoot each other, the Dane's love of raw Herring...).

Fortunately there's one thing we can all laugh about together - the French! Merde!

It's all part of life's rich tapestry. There are stereotypes with most countries that the rest of the world find idiosyncratic or amusing (the Brits preoccupation with the weather' date=' the American's dearly held right to keep a gun and shoot each other, the Dane's love of raw Herring...).

Fortunately there's one thing we can all laugh about together - the French! Merde![/quote']

The Brits preoccupation with Train Schedules ....Train Spotting .....hahahah !!!!

And the biggest American Joke just left office last month .....so you'all will have to find something new.

:D/ :) O:)O:)O:)O:)

poor french. I think it's the only country in the world with it's priorities in order. Let's not worry too much about diplomacy or ideology or working 12 hour days, but the blend for the new Claret better darn well be right! I love a country that holds high the importance of food and wine. Did anyone see where the Bush Admin slapped a 300% tarriff on rocquefort cheese just before leaving office? OK, like we'd stop buying it, although stiltson isn't too bad, either. ;-)

Hopefully this will bring Therm back.....

A British Bobby (policeman) walks up to a car with tinted windows and taps on the window with his night stick. The driver (who happens to have three heads) rolls down his window. The Bobby looks in and says' date=' "Well, hello, hello, hello."

Think about it.....Therm where are you????[/quote']

It woulda made more sense if'n he said, "Allo, allo, allo"

As far as Khaki carkeys... only in Boston. Never could understand them bean eaters half the time. With what does a midwesterner start his car? With a screwdriver, of course!

It's all part of life's rich tapestry. There are stereotypes with most countries that the rest of the world find idiosyncratic or amusing (the Brits preoccupation with the weather' date=' the American's dearly held right to keep a gun and shoot each other, the Dane's love of raw Herring...).

Fortunately there's one thing we can all laugh about together - the French! Merde![/quote']

"I'd rather have two divisions of Germans in front of me than a single division of Frenchmen behind me, " General George "Blood and Guts" Patton.

The Brits preoccupation with Train Schedules ....Train Spotting .....hahahah !!!!

And the biggest American Joke just left office last month .....so you'all will have to find something new.

:D/ =D>O:)O:)O:)O:)

That would be the biggest American Joke what just stepped into office last month. Three, count them, three of his cabinet appointees busted for Tax evasion/fraud before they could get their first box of pencils sharpened!. Well at least the Treasury Secretary, overseer of the Infernal Revenue Service came through clean... What?.... He didn't?... So he turned down the offer?.... No...??? The put him in office?

Now that's funny... :- If'n of course... it weren't true.

poor french. I think it's the only country in the world with it's priorities in order. Let's not worry too much about diplomacy or ideology or working 12 hour days' date=' but the blend for the new Claret better darn well be right! I love a country that holds high the importance of food and wine. Did anyone see where the Bush Admin slapped a 300% tarriff on rocquefort cheese just before leaving office? OK, like we'd stop buying it, although stiltson isn't too bad, either. ;-)

[/quote']

Quite right. Get yourself a proper stilton cheese. None of this running stuff that stinks out the fridge!

I agree they do have their priorities right. Food, wine, autoroutes, cognac!! It's a wonderful country and I always enjoy going there.

Archived