Gibson Brands Forums

What Makes Led Zeppelin Cry?

Never a huge Zeppelin fan. But if the bands at my high school dances were like this, I might have been.

John Bonham's son on drums. Anyone know the guy on the GIBSON Les Paul?

Since we've been losing too many musicians of our youth lately, I thought I'd offer this.

Turn it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf2O3OAQjng

Not sure who was "playing" Page for that particular performance. Jason Bonham has been touring his "Led Zeppelin Experience" band for a couple of years, but he's the only one named, in most cases.

I saw what was effectively this same performance in San Francisco a couple of years ago, as part of a Heart tour. I really just came to see Nancy Wilson, but it was a pretty good show as well. Ann Wilson's voice has dropped about a half octave over the years, but she can still really sing.

Thanks for posting that, I've seen it many times and can sit and watch it over and over.

Couple of random thoughts......whoever the guitarist is, he's got to have massive cojones to be playing the solo in front of THE MAN.....funny how Plant seems to be the most emotional about the song, when the story, whether true or not, is that he never really liked it......the emotion that Jason showed at the end of the song is touching.....Ann Wilson's performance, whether she's lost a bit or not, is freaking awesome....

although I was not living then, the 60s and 70s gave birth to music that will NEVER come close to being topped....EVER! There is good music out there today, but there is just something about the music from those decades that speaks to me. I was born in 81 so I very well could have been alive during that time in another life. Thanks for posting...in a weird way it "brought me back"

Bonham is great, his first record was just dynamite, Wait For You is a highlight and I recommend it highly.

The guitar player is Shane Fontayne, an Englishman with a different real name that I can't remember. He's a pro, been next to and behind lots of people last couple decades. Springsteen for a few years for sure in the 90s.

rct

Archived