Gibson Brands Forums

Is this Gibson gigbag harmful for the SG?

ChrisF

• 3 weeks later...

It's fine, Gibson's aren't as fragile as people think hey are. But it's useless in a fall. As a professional guitar tech/Luthier, I can tell you that the right hit, any guitar will break. They all have their weak points. Strats crack at the neck heal or on the bridge posts, teles also crack at the neck heal. It's a known fact that Gibson's are a little more fragile than a straight headstock guitar but it's no more susceptible to headstock breakage than a PRS or litteraly ANYTHIG with an angled headstock... although I will say that SG's are susceptible to cracks on the body on either side of the neck if dropped face down.

• 2 months later...

I just purchased a 2016 SG Standard. The gig bag is a joke. I have to struggle to get it zipped without the zipper rubbing the finish off the headstock corner. Come on Gibson! Make them so they actually fit your guitars. They worked OK for a 2014 Melody Maker but not so well for an SG.

Gig bags, Oy!

I don't get their setup these days. I say... include the "cost" for the dam case already like they used to..

most of us will glady pay it and be done with the issue.

I hope you can get a proper case for that with out spending a fortune for one. SG Standards are too cool of an axe not to have a good case.

Archived