Gibson Brands Forums

Neil Young - Don't Let It Bring You Down

MorrisrownSal

I think this is excellent, I love the version and I love your performance of it.

It is not easy to escape from a NY song there is always a tenancy to get drawn back into making a copy, NY mark 2 as it were.

I like the way you have changed the timing and the key and even a chord, great stuff. You could enhance it by putting another voice on the chorus but it's still pretty good as it is.

I think this is excellent, I love the version and I love your performance of it.

It is not easy to escape from a NY song there is always a tenancy to get drawn back into making a copy, NY mark 2 as it were.

I like the way you have changed the timing and the key and even a chord, great stuff. You could enhance it by putting another voice on the chorus but it's still pretty good as it is.

Exactly my thinking too. Why make a cover version sound like the original? It won't add anything and the listener will most likely walk away thinking the original was better. It is an impossible task trumping Neil Young at being Neil Young. Sal, put his on fabulous spin on the song which gave it a new dimension.

Lars

Archived