Gibson Brands Forums

J-185

Cuiabano76

. . . and the seller would want to make sure that you knew it was a T.V.

It might also come with the uber-cool saddle-colored case.

You could always post a link, or some photos here for more feedback from forumites.

And welcome to the forum, Cuiabano!

. . . and the seller would want to make sure that you knew it was a T.V.

It might also come with the uber-cool saddle-colored case.

You could always post a link, or some photos here for more feedback from forumites.

And welcome to the forum, Cuiabano!

I have made this question because my local seller have the J-185 EC. The other is another city and i need get there to play before i buy. I have read the True Vintage have more selected woods and sounds different from the standard. this is the picture of the J-185 EC

post-82165-081105100 1477695735_thumb.jpeg

Nice top on that non-cutaway 185. The True Vintage would not come with electronics, but something's in the soundhole of the one you are considering.

. . .And- what is that meaty (and lifting) pickguard on the cutaway? The preference here would be for the non-cutaway. The access to the upper frets has never been an issue.

I have made this question because my local seller have the J-185 EC. The other is another city and i need get there to play before i buy. I have read the True Vintage have more selected woods and sounds different from the standard. this is the picture of the J-185 EC

actually the True Vintage is the same as the 90s J185s.. Not much difference.. they keep messing with all your minds on the Vintage New stuff..

its not a true vintage pictured.. it clearly has that on the label..

tuners are about the only thing different.. Not worth the higher price tage either..

unless its a early 90s special run guitar.. those were special..

Nice top on that non-cutaway 185. The True Vintage would not come with electronics, but something's in the soundhole of the one you are considering.

. . .And- what is that meaty (and lifting) pickguard on the cutaway? The preference here would be for the non-cutaway. The access to the upper frets has never been an issue.

The pickguard is taking off, long time in the store. but it is a new acoustic guitar. in my country because the taxs the J-185 is about U$3.000,00. it is another question.

The non-cutway is used but in great condition, and the same price of the cutway J-185 that is new

Not All True Vintage models say TV or True Vintage.

I have an SJ 200 TV from the original 2007\08 run and it just says Sj 200

JC

Absolutely correct -- I had a 2007 TV model and there was no mention of "True" or "Vintage" on the label.

gibson-j185-truevintage-2007-cons-label-1.jpg

It DID have the TV case -- very solid, very heavy, brown with pink innards.

gibson-j185-truevintage-2007-cons-full-front-1.jpg

Nice guitar.

Fred

Archived