Gibson Brands Forums

Metallica: Atlas, Rise!

Rabs

Another off the new album...

Ive been waiting to hear more of it before I made a judgement.. But really, even though I do think its better than what they have been doing im still not convinced... [-(

To be honest Rabs the Death Magnetic album is fantastic when you hear it live. The best tracks from in were on the B sides.

St Anger was a horrendous album.

Regards.

I actually went to see them on that tour....

But not because I particularly like that album, but cos they ARE still a great live band and they still play the classics....

I found Death Magnetic to just be way too over produced from what I remember (and to be honest I don't remember it that well)...

I think my issue is less about the music and more about the lyrics.... I just find his lyrics after the Black album a bit cheesy like hes run out of good ideas... I cant quite put my finger on why.... I just know I don't enjoy it as much as the older stuff.

If this is the best they've got, they're in trouble. Blatant and horribly executed Iron Maiden rip off.

I'm sure they're still a good live act, but my ticket boycott started with "Load" and continues to this day. Remember "No leaf clover?" THAT was a good new song. They're nowhere near that level.

I like to think I'm open minded (well, before it became required under threat of prison time)... E.g., I quite liked a coupla tracks off of "DM". But this is the biggest distorted-guitar band in the world. For them to coast... In my book, if your rehearsal room is a top-notch studio, several floors, more guitars than GC, you sell out stadiums wherever you may roam AND it's been eight years since thw last album: feel free to waste a few minutes of my life with pap like this, but I'm not buying a ticket until you get your act together. Lose the ******* yes-men.

I think they're capable of so much more, so it chaps my hide sitting through decades of sub-par crap.

I'm sure they're still a good live act, but my ticket boycott started with "Load" and continues to this day. Remember "No leaf clover?" THAT was a good new song. They're nowhere near that level.

Well I didn't mention that the only reason I went to that gig was because I got free tickets... :) Ive seen them like five times and while they were still awesome (Black Album Tour) so I wouldn't have gone otherwise..

And not only that, the guy who got us in had press passes... It was amazing we just walked straight in with no queues and were in the standing area right in front of the stage that wasn't even that packed out... So while I had to listen to some stuff I didn't know or care about we also got some real classics and I got one of the best views ever... so it was still a good gig for me..

If this is the best they've got, they're in trouble. Blatant and horribly executed Iron Maiden rip off.

I can totally hear your Iron Maiden reference. It's not a bad song, it's just been done before. As the police say..."Nothing to see here, move along."

Archived