Gibson Brands Forums

Interesting idea to lock your trem

Rabs

I got a new guitar for Christmas Rabs. A vintage modified jaguar in surf green. Brand new in the box. I spent yesterday researching how the tremolo goes on. The arm itself was slightly larger then the hole it went in. How can this be? I thought am I missing something? It was packed that way so I took it back to G.C. Today. Turned out the arm was the wrong one, they gave me the correct arm and it slipped right in. Who are these dummies sending the wrong stuff in shipping. It was a sealed box when my wife picked it up from G.C. At least it works now. She threw the box away and I didn't have any case to put it in to take back. Looking around I was curious if it would fit in my Thompson machine gun case that looks like the old violin case. It was a perfect fit! The guy at G.C. Got a big laugh and was shocked it fit like a glove. msp_flapper.gif

I got a new guitar for Christmas Rabs. A vintage modified jaguar in surf green. Brand new in the box. I spent yesterday researching how the tremolo goes on. The arm itself was slightly larger then the hole it went in. How can this be? I thought am I missing something? It was packed that way so I took it back to G.C. Today. Turned out the arm was the wrong one, they gave me the correct arm and it slipped right in. Who are these dummies sending the wrong stuff in shipping. It was a sealed box when my wife picked it up from G.C. At least it works now. She threw the box away and I didn't have any case to put it in to take back. Looking around I was curious if it would fit in my Thompson machine gun case that looks like the old violin case. It was a perfect fit! The guy at G.C. Got a big laugh and was shocked it fit like a glove. msp_flapper.gif

Nice gift [thumbup] Common, you know the rules... Wheres the pics?? :)

1482785864[/url]' post='1822189']

Nice gift [thumbup] Common, you know the rules... Wheres the pics?? :)

It's froze up and won't let me post pictures anymore. It shows a line and a half of numbers across the screen and then shrinks the post when I hit reply. Weird. I do have one posted in the epiphone lounge though thanks to Digger. It's a surf green vintage modified Squire Jaguar. I got the problem solved today. Took it back to GC and they shipped the wrong vibrato arm. Got a new one and if plays great.

Archived