Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

kelly campbell

I respect your opinion and encouragement to do the recordings, However when I say I have not evolved to the point of posting here I also mean my talent level. The number of posts I have is only a reflection of enjoyment of learning from so many talented people here and it is a very "civil" forum compared to others. I just started trying to learn to play about three years ago, have never had any musical experience in my back round, and admittedly I do not put as much time into it as I should. I am soon to be 58 years old and do not pick up on things as quickly as I like. I get enjoyment and therapeutic value out of banging away what I can play. I was not trying to make excuses in saying I do not have the recording capabilities, just saying I have not really felt the need yet to do so due to lack of talent. Anyway I just wanted to explain further. When I do feel comfortable enough to do recordings believe me I will be elated and will do so. Thanks for the information. Also Sweetwater is about an hour from me and it has a great campus including a large and beautiful storefront. I say campus because it truly is, It has a restaurant, Coffee Shop, A beautiful small theatre that holds around three hundred, A Beauticians shop Several conference rooms and a free game room that has a pool table video games skee ball and a small putting surface. It is really incredible

Congratulations on the NGD!

So while they put new strings on for your purchase at Sweetwater, you had your hair done, got a coffee, had lunch, a game of pool and a whisky and mosied back down to the guitar shop to grab the Bird before the pool sharks could hustle you out of it! :mellow:

BluesKing777.

I respect your opinion and encouragement to do the recordings, However when I say I have not evolved to the point of posting here I also mean my talent level. The number of posts I have is only a reflection of enjoyment of learning from so many talented people here and it is a very "civil" forum compared to others. I just started trying to learn to play about three years ago, have never had any musical experience in my back round, and admittedly I do not put as much time into it as I should. I am soon to be 58 years old and do not pick up on things as quickly as I like. I get enjoyment and therapeutic value out of banging away what I can play. I was not trying to make excuses in saying I do not have the recording capabilities, just saying I have not really felt the need yet to do so due to lack of talent. Anyway I just wanted to explain further. When I do feel comfortable enough to do recordings believe me I will be elated and will do so. Thanks for the information. Also Sweetwater is about an hour from me and it has a great campus including a large and beautiful storefront. I say campus because it truly is, It has a restaurant, Coffee Shop, A beautiful small theatre that holds around three hundred, A Beauticians shop Several conference rooms and a free game room that has a pool table video games skee ball and a small putting surface. It is really incredible

Thanks for the sincere explanation, and for the info on Sweetwater's showroom and campus.

So while they put new strings on for your purchase at Sweetwater, you had your hair done, got a coffee, had lunch, a game of pool and a whisky and mosied back down to the guitar shop to grab the Bird before the pool sharks could hustle you out of it! :mellow:

BluesKing777.

BK; you have an active imagination- between this, and your conjecturing the scene of BBG lurking in the bushes outside of Lowden Guitar Co, you should consider

a guitar novel.

". . . got on his pushbike to trundle over the hill to the Lowden workshop"

Don't know if BBG was much of a trundler. It's always possible, though.

Burst, I never got into this for the purpose of gigging or performing at all, I just enjoy it, If I do get to the point that I don't mind playing for people I told my wife I would like to go into children's Hospitals for terminally ill kids and play for them, that would be the most I could ever ask for, but it was never my intention to perform.

By the way thanks for embedding pic's.

BluesKing777.

I did have lunch as I normally do there. I have got my hair cut there before. It is probably a good thing they do not serve alcohol.

Archived