Gibson Brands Forums

Gold top satin finish

Revolution Six

This thread has inspired me and I bought a Tribute satin goldtop with P90's and I'd like to achieve similar results. I have virtuoso polish at home, a single bottle. I'd love to hear how to properly polish and buff the guitar into a shine like this. Can you give a few tips as to what you used, what kind of cloth, etc?

This thread has inspired me and I bought a Tribute satin goldtop with P90's and I'd like to achieve similar results. I have virtuoso polish at home, a single bottle. I'd love to hear how to properly polish and buff the guitar into a shine like this. Can you give a few tips as to what you used, what kind of cloth, etc?

HEY! we're gonna need pics Michael!! !!LOL!!

HEY! we're gonna need pics Michael!! !!LOL!!

I'll definitely post pictures as soon as I have it in my hands and check it out thoroughly. I've never bought a Gibson online before, sight unseen and not touched. I want to like it and keep it so I'm hoping for the best. And, if I decide to polish it, I'll do a before and after picture or 5, 10, whatever.

I'll definitely post pictures as soon as I have it in my hands and check it out thoroughly. I've never bought a Gibson online before, sight unseen and not touched. I want to like it and keep it so I'm hoping for the best. And, if I decide to polish it, I'll do a before and after picture or 5, 10, whatever.

I have 6 Gibsons, the only one I shopped out, was my 95 standard (which was my second ever les paul).. The others were all purchased from Gibson Dealers in different time zones! Just get em setup for your hands and you're good!

Archived