Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Lifestyle Article About Gibson Acoustics

guitarstrummer

Thank you, Mike -- what a wonderful (informative, beautifully-written) article!

Just showed my wife Ren's 'current' photograph and said, "he's my age! And he made my Gibson Girl!"

I have a question or two for Mr. Ferguson about my beloved "Northern Jumbo" and hope the moderators here tell him 'Mark B of the Frozen North' said "Hi!" Thanks again, Mike.

Mark Blackburn

Winnipeg Manitoba Canada

Thank you' date=' Mike -- what a wonderful (informative, beautifully-written) article!

Just showed my wife Ren's 'current' photograph and said, "he's my age! And he made my Gibson Girl!"

I have a question or two for Mr. Ferguson about my beloved "Northern Jumbo" and hope the moderators here tell him 'Mark B of the Frozen North' said "Hi!" Thanks again, Mike.

Mark Blackburn

Winnipeg Manitoba Canada[/quote']

I just forwarded your comments on to Ren.

Lovely reading, but I was always under the impression that the Hummingbird came before the Dove. In the article it says;

"A maple-bodied dreadnought called the Dove arrived in the early 1960s, followed by the Hummingbird, and an Everly Brothers signature model with the rounded contours of a J-185."

Have I been wrong? Is it the other way around?

-Magnus

Lovely reading' date=' but I was always under the impression that the Hummingbird came before the Dove. In the article it says;

[i']"A maple-bodied dreadnought called the Dove arrived in the early 1960s, followed by the Hummingbird, and an Everly Brothers signature model with the rounded contours of a J-185."[/i]

Have I been wrong? Is it the other way around?

-Magnus

They have that backwards!!!!!!![-X

Archived