Gibson Brands Forums

MHS Humbuckers

Steve Tr

On 1/24/2018 at 2:54 PM, Dave1963 said:

I have the Memphis ES335 '63 fitted with MHS pickups. I find they are suited unbelievably well to the guitar.

I have a Memphis 335 from 2018 and first wanted it with Burstbuckers. But then found out the last year with BBs was 2016 and got the MHS, with which I am very pleased.

• 6 months later...
On 9/1/2022 at 3:23 AM, Bluesnik said:

I have a Memphis 335 from 2018 and first wanted it with Burstbuckers. But then found out the last year with BBs was 2016 and got the MHS, with which I am very pleased.

FWIW I love my 2018 Memphis 335 with the MHS pups. They are indeed very well suited for this guitar. I believe they were designed especially for the semi-hollow bodied guitars. There's a youtube video out there with that info.

335-1.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/25/2017 at 10:51 AM, Steve Tr said:

I just received a '59 ES-335TDN and she is beautiful looking, and for the most part, sounding. Working with all control settings, I am perhaps not totally wild about the tonality of the MHS pickups. I would love to hear from owners of said guitar and get some feedback.

Thanks,

Steve

http://tremayneguitar.com/images/59es335/IMG_1999.JPG

I got a 2019 Gibson ES-335 made in Nashville. But in 2019 the gloss ES-335 dots had Memphis Historic Spec II (MHS II) humbuckers and the Memphis Tone Circuit Plus (MTC Plus) circuitry. Not sure what if any difference there is between MHS pickups and MHS II. Too my ears these puckups sound outstanding. Clear and complex when clean and they bark, growl and snarl very well when dirty. They're not exactly high gain but hey it's a ES-335, that's not what I bought it for.