Gibson Brands Forums

Bridge saddle

Richie321

Hi well i got my new epiphone korean ej200 its brilliant and in fantastic condition. im thinking of changing the bridge saddle to bone

As the one on is plastic .but my question is would anyone know the size .?

If you'd like to carve your own bone saddle with your own professional files and a blank piece of bone, then the original saddle would be your template for the new saddle in all regards. There is no such thing as a stock bone saddle that's a perfect fit for your Epiphone (or any guitar really). The creation of a new bone saddle is usually an exercise for your trusted luthier.

As the one on is plastic

Well, is it really? If you've got one of the more recent EJ-200SCE, then your saddle is already made of (imitation) bone. Upgrading to real bone in this case wouldn't make that much of a difference. It does make sense, however, to round off the edges of the saddle a tiny bit if, in the odd case, they're as sharp as a knife, which was the case with my Epiphone Texan for instance.

If you'd like to carve your own bone saddle with your own professional files and a blank piece of bone, then the original saddle would be your template for the new saddle in all regards. There is no such thing as a stock bone saddle that's a perfect fit for your Epiphone (or any guitar really). The creation of a new bone saddle is usually an exercise for your trusted luthier.

Well, is it really? If you've got one of the more recent EJ-200SCE, then your saddle is already made of (imitation) bone. Upgrading to real bone in this case wouldn't make that much of a difference. It does make sense, however, to round off the edges of the saddle a tiny bit if, in the odd case, they're as sharp as a knife, which was the case with my Epiphone Texan for instance.

Hi no my ej200 is the korean modal 2001 serial 01070018 the bridge is plastic

were do i buy bone material to make my own saddle????

Archived