Gibson Brands Forums

Sometimes my OCD takes over!

NHTom

Just go to 3:54. That's how I play the guitar. When he did that twenty feet from me I just melted. I was seven effing teen. That guy was just mammoth sounding.

Hughie was ok too though. lolz.

rct

k. 7.40 Billy doing the octaves while Hughie is chording away and has his chorus on high. And the drummers begin freight training towards...

8:40, and here they are! Sweet. Thanks for reminding me SurfPup!

rct

Oh man hex yes that would be great!

You have to admit, when they come back around to the verse little chord down thingy to end Stick Around For Rock And Roll and Billy gets them three fills to end it, that is truly one of the most exciting minutes in music, I'ma put it in the headphones right now thanks to You!

rct

Giddyup! Couldn't agree more.

Oh man that is what I am talking about. Holy crap. Well you can't hear my headphones. But if you could!

rct

Don't need to man, I can hear it immediately having listened to it so many times. Those over bends around 3:54 are some of my favorite musical moments ever. And yeah, Hughie was no slouch either.

Alright Surf, I'ma end it with one from Hurry Sundown called Man Of The Hour. It was Hughies favorite work and it was the song Billy was most proud of. It's a beauty. That's the kind of thing I want to do.

rct

k. 7.40 Billy doing the octaves while Hughie is chording away and has his chorus on high. And the drummers begin freight training towards...

8:40, and here they are! Sweet. Thanks for reminding me SurfPup!

rct

Again, I know exactly what you are describing. I think I can hear every note of that album without even putting it on... Ingrained in the membrane, man.

And don't even get me started on the dynamics of this band, Jesus, how they could bring it down and then let it fly. And that ending just defines "tight" to me.

Again, I know exactly what you are describing. I think I can hear every note of that album without even putting it on... Ingrained in the membrane, man.

And don't even get me started on the dynamics of this band, Jesus, how they could bring it down and then let it fly. And that ending just defines "tight" to me.

The Oldlaws was meant to be.

rct

Alright Surf, I'ma end it with one from Hurry Sundown called Man Of The Hour. It was Hughies favorite work and it was the song Billy was most proud of. It's a beauty. That's the kind of thing I want to do.

rct

Done that one before in a duo - stripped down. I never really liked the synths so much anyway - though they serve their purpose here. But it's a good song, and I love the harmony guits and the pedal steel.

Pedal steel is on my bucket list. Prolly have it passable by the time you get moved down here. [biggrin]

Done that one before in a duo - stripped down. I never really liked the synths so much anyway - though they serve their purpose here. But it's a good song, and I love the harmony guits and the pedal steel.

Pedal steel is on my bucket list. Prolly have it passable by the time you get moved down here. [biggrin]

Well, I'll probably have to get serious about slide too. I don't practice, I just use it once in a while for dumb stuff No Matter What, things like that. I'll have to get serious at some point. Pedal steel would be just delicious. We'll do a Jackson Brown called I'm Alive, pedal steel and wonderful Lindley slide. Man, we'll be busy.

I just like the singing on Man of The Hour. You got the stuff if you've done that one, I've never had the pleasure.

rct

Glad I don't have the problem what to do with a bunch of cases as I only have two. I keep the 2 guitars in them, the other 4 guitars didn't come with a case and sit on a 5 guitar rack. Makes it easy to play anyone of them as I often switch them around with different songs.

You are welcome!

I'm 57. When I tell the sommelier "this Cali bubbly is dope" I get funny looks.

rct

I was going to say nice rack dude but that just doesn't seem right, kinda like dope cases i guess.. i gotta be careful here not to be misunderstood... I do like the case and guitar combo rack storage thingy mahjig. and i never have dope for long enough to bother storing it in a case. (mostly jk)

Archived