Gibson Brands Forums

Fender Shedua Strats

Rabs

I still think Gibson need to be doing more of this sort of thing... And don't make them stupid price just cos the top wood is different.. Make a Standard and charge a bit more than a normal standard NOT 4k+..... Every one knows a bit of top wood is not worth and extra two thousand pounds or dollars or whatever.. I think if they did that theyd sell s**t loads.. Same with those new DCs... you want people to buy them, sell them for a reasonable price..

Sorry that turned into a bit of a rant lol... Carry on.. :)

http://www.richtonemusic.co.uk/products/fender_fsr_shedua_top_stratocaster-us17012528.asp?utm_source=Rich+Tone+Music+Newsletter&utm_campaign=6542474442-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_06_04&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_25f9e04097-6542474442-122761465

Fender FSR Shedua Top Stratocaster

12543b_zpszf1taxiv.jpg

1252809_zpsuvo4ca9b.jpg

Nice looking Strat. I always say my Fender days are behind me but...

with a flatter fingerboard, 22 frets and a bit of wood like that... :^o

One of the reasons I don't do Fenders is their 9.5" fretboard radius.. I just cant get on with them...

Very interesting. I am not a Fender aficionado by any means although I've owned a few inexpensive Strats, and one really inexpensive Tele. I have never seen a Fender solid body with two pieces like that. The pictures don't show a good view of how thick the top is compared to the body, nor does there appear to be binding between the two.

It is a nice looking top though, but pretty high price tag for some woods that I've never heard of before and that I don't think have any history of being fabulous tone woods. Paying for uniqueness??

Very interesting. I am not a Fender aficionado by any means although I've owned a few inexpensive Strats, and one really inexpensive Tele. I have never seen a Fender solid body with two pieces like that. The pictures don't show a good view of how thick the top is compared to the body, nor does there appear to be binding between the two.

It is a nice looking top though, but pretty high price tag for some woods that I've never heard of before and that I don't think have any history of being fabulous tone woods. Paying for uniqueness??

A more common name for Shedua is Ovangkol...

Archived