Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone les paul traditional pro ii

Travis1985

Hello all!! totally new here, thank you in advance. So i got my Epiphone les paul traditional pro ii a few days ago for Father's Day, I love it!!! But.. when I engage the 15db boost, it is so harsh and hissy ,it is a constant noise no matter if the volume pots are up or down, same for the tone pots, it is almost not usable .. is this normal or is there an issue ? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello all!! totally new here, thank you in advance. So i got my Epiphone les paul traditional pro ii a few days ago for Father's Day, I love it!!! But.. when I engage the 15db boost, it is so harsh and hissy ,it is a constant noise no matter if the volume pots are up or down, same for the tone pots, it is almost not usable .. is this normal or is there an issue ? any help would be greatly appreciated.

One possibility, especially since the noise isn't reduced or augmented, by the pots, is a bad

(shorting) lead cord, between your guitar and amp! That (almost) seems more likely.

Why that would happen, only on the Boost function, seems odd, though. Unless there's a short in

that particular circuit?

This is only supposition, without being able to hear it, and see what actions trigger it. IF the lead cord isn't the problem, A good Luthier, or repair person, should be able to sort it out, quickly enough. If it's brand new, and/or still under warranty, then the dealer or authorized Gibson/Epiphone service center, or tech, can help you,as part of the warranty service.

Good Luck!

CB

One possibility, especially since the noise isn't reduced or augmented, by the pots, is a bad

(shorting) lead cord, between your guitar and amp! That (almost) seems more likely.

Why that would happen, only on the Boost function, seems odd, though. Unless there's a short in

that particular circuit?

This is only supposition, without being able to hear it, and see what actions trigger it. IF the lead cord isn't the problem, A good Luthier, or repair person, should be able to sort it out, quickly enough. If it's brand new, and/or still under warranty, then the dealer or authorized Gibson/Epiphone service center, or tech, can help you,as part of the warranty service.

Good Luck!

CB

I'm actually using a wireless receiver, works flawlessly with all my other guitars, ones with active and passive pickups

I think this might be my only option, i got it at Guitar Center, would i take it back to them or contact Epiphone?

Back to Guitar Center! They can repair or replace it! I would guess, they'd merely replace it, unless they

are out of stock of that model, or color, etc. Even if they're out of stock, they can call around the country,

to different GC locations, to find you a replacement.

Good Luck!!

CB

Archived