Gibson Brands Forums

Fire and Water

MississippiBlue

Thanks for posting that! [thumbup]

Kiss was my entry into the world of hard rock when I was 14 years old in 1975. It had a significant influence on me as well.

I got a big smile on my face when I saw the smoke beginning to emerge from his pickup. And it glows now! [biggrin]

I'm glad it was an extended solo. I like Ace's playing a lot.

The song wasn't great. But I still enjoyed it! :)

Thanks for posting that! [thumbup]

Kiss was my entry into the world of hard rock when I was 14 years old in 1975. It had a significant influence on me as well.

I got a big smile on my face when I saw the smoke beginning to emerge from his pickup. And it glows now! [biggrin]

I'm glad it was an extended solo. I like Ace's playing a lot.

The song wasn't great. But I still enjoyed it! :)

Brad1,

Glad you enjoyed it.

The smokin' and glowin' Lester got me too.

Kindest Regards,

MississippiBlue

Paul Rodgers is one of my favorite singers. Seeing Ace and Paul together though was awesome. Ace and Paul are a very big part of why I'm playing guitar, playing Gibsons and got into rock in general. At first, when I first heard them in 1975, it was all about the makeup and theatrics but I borrowed my friend's records, recorded them on cassette and began purchasing their albums myself. Seeing pictures of Paul's Flying V and Ace's Les Paul, I knew those were the guitars I wanted. I could have heard that solo, not known who it was, and know it was Ace.

Paul Rodgers is one of my favorite singers. Seeing Ace and Paul together though was awesome. Ace and Paul are a very big part of why I'm playing guitar, playing Gibsons and got into rock in general. At first, when I first heard them in 1975, it was all about the makeup and theatrics but I borrowed my friend's records, recorded them on cassette and began purchasing their albums myself. Seeing pictures of Paul's Flying V and Ace's Les Paul, I knew those were the guitars I wanted. I could have heard that solo, not known who it was, and know it was Ace.

Beautifully said.

Ace truly has his own tonal fingerprint.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Take care and have a GREAT 4th of July.

MississippiBlue

Archived