Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Inspired by 1964 Texan Natural

Richie321

Hi guys ive got this fatastic guitar that i must say im very pleased with .the guitar came well set up with a great low action

How ever it did not come with a case ive seen images on google of epiphone paul mcartney 1964 texan case. Does anyone know were its possible to purchase one. In the uk

Im after this

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=paul+mcartney+gig+bag+epiphone+texan&oq=paul+mcartney++++gig++bag+++epiphone++++texan&aqs=chrome..69i57j33.23139j1j4&client=ms-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=SGdQ7FmAsfHx-M:

If you are talking about the original case with the signature, best bet would be to keep an eye on Reverb or eBay. It will probably be a long wait though. You could easily enough buy an Epiphone branded hardshell case for the guitar from the big box stores. Or just grab a Guardian 044 series, TKL or something. There are always original mid-1960s Epi cases but one in really nice condition would most likely cost you more than you paid for the guitar.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are talking about the original case with the signature, best bet would be to keep an eye on Reverb or eBay. It will probably be a long wait though. You could easily enough buy an Epiphone branded hardshell case for the guitar from the big box stores. Or just grab a Guardian 044 series, TKL or something. There are always original mid-1960s Epi cases but one in really nice condition would most likely cost you more than you paid for the guitar.

now i know why i cant get this case it only came with the limited adition paul mcartney texan that cost a fortune

Just seen one on ebay with all paper work and documents over 8 grand from u.s.a

You may be able to get the case without the signature. Epiphone included them with the Masterbilts originally when they first came out in 2004 and for a few years after, and just did again last month as a promo. Search ebay. Some owners are bound to sell them seperately. They are sometimes called a hard-sided gig bag.

Since Epiphone recently offered them as a promo with the purchase of a Masterbilt (fulfilled by mail, I think), they may unload any unfulfilled inventory, if any, through one of the major online dealers. Keep an eye out.

Red 333

now i know why i cant get this case it only came with the limited adition paul mcartney texan that cost a fortune

Just seen one on ebay with all paper work and documents over 8 grand from u.s.a

Why not get the tasteful Epiphone jumbo hard case and get someone arty to stencil the signature on that? Think they're about £90 in the UK...

I saw someone did something similar with for their Epiphone John lennon EJ160e - stenciled his glasses and hair sketch and signature onto the side of the case - looks brilliant

You may be able to get the case without the signature. Epiphone included them with the Masterbilts originally when they first came out in 2004 and for a few years after, and just did again last month as a promo. Search ebay. Some owners are bound to sell them seperately. They are sometimes called a hard-sided gig bag.

Since Epiphone recently offered them as a promo with the purchase of a Masterbilt (fulfilled by mail, I think), they may unload any unfulfilled inventory, if any, through one of the major online dealers. Keep an eye out.

Red 333

ok thanks for that

Why not get the tasteful Epiphone jumbo hard case and get someone arty to stencil the signature on that? Think they're about £90 in the UK...

I saw someone did something similar with for their Epiphone John lennon EJ160e - stenciled his glasses and hair sketch and signature onto the side of the case - looks brilliant

That sounds like a great idea have you any pictures ??

Red 333

[/quote

Hi mate .are these the kind you meen???

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Acoustic-Guitar-Hard-Foam-Gig-Bag-Lightweight-Case-/222595743477?nav=WATCHING

[/quote

Hi mate .are these the kind you meen???

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Acoustic-Guitar-Hard-Foam-Gig-Bag-Lightweight-Case-/222595743477?nav=WATCHING

The ebay case looks pretty similar, but it is not the same as the '64 McCartney case.

I happen to have one of the McCartney cases, which came with my 2005 Tereada-Japan made Texan. This instrument was one of 1,964 built for the Adopt-A-Minefield fundraiser collaboration with McCartney, and then there were the two different Gibson-Montana built versions produced for the same project.

The McCartney case is essentially like having a hard case with a soft outer cover. Very form-fitting & cushy inside, with a light blue lining & built-in hygrometer.

Why not get the tasteful Epiphone jumbo hard case....

I recommend this over one of those softer cases. They hold in the humidity much better (although I don't know if that's such an issue where you are in the UK).

Archived