Gibson Brands Forums

How to?

rbpicker

This may not be the place for this, but I'd appreciate some guidance on how to set up a YouTube site so that I can record and post a few tunes to share with you folks...sorta like Sal and Buc, and others do. Any help would be appreciated. If it's too involved and requires an in depth discussion, please let me know and I'll seek help locally. I don't want to pull anyone into a deep, involved project.

Thanks folks,

RogerB

It's very straightforward Roger.I did it a few years ago and can't remember it being difficult.

You go to Youtube homepage.Create an account.Not sure if you have to create a Gmail email address too.That's easy too if you have to.

Once you have your account setup there is an upload button that lets you browse to your computer where you have your file stored to upload.A short song could take 30-60 minutes to upload depending on your internet speeds.

Most video recording devices will produce a compatible file so no conversions or mucking around should be needed.

Good luck.

More tech savvy people can expand / or correct this.

Cheers

Roger... do you have an apple laptop or an IPad?

If you do, you can share directly from GarageBand into YouTube.

What I do... iPad camera records a video of me playing. Mostly without my head. I use an Apogee MiC as the microphone instead of the ipads mic.

When that is recorded... I bring it into GarageBand. Why? In GarageBand I add a tiny bit of reverb.

Then I "share " the file. Cuz I'm about the sharing. One can share into YouTube... into SoundCloud... or simply share a file to yourself.

The first time you try the above, it should prompt you for your YouTube information (typically gmail acct and password)

I am eager to listen...

Gents, thanks so much for the help. I think I can pull this off. May take a while, as I've got a vaca trip coming up, but hope to share a few tunes in the not too distant future. I'll need to open Garage Band and get accustomed to it. Sal, yes, I am on an iPad. Also have I a mini-Mac desktop. Will a standard vocal mic (into an adapter) work with the iPad?

Thanks again,

Roger

Roger-

'Could've sworn you'd shared some of your playing (picking) here before(?). And it was good stuff. . . looking forward to your putting more up to YouTube. If you've got an iPhone, the Apogee MiC makes it a little better, but I believe BlindBoyGrunt has put up some fairly good sounding recordings with nothing more than the mic on the phone (video capture). From there, the phone's "share" button has an option to put it directly up to YouTube, given that you've signed up for YT. Couldn't be much more straightforward.

Looking forward to hearing some of yours.

Thanks 62. Yes, quite some time ago I shared a couple of songs that I somehow managed to get onto SoundCloud or something similar. I think that account has probably expired by now, though. I thought it might be easier to do the YouTube thing this time around (probably headless, like Sal).

Thanks again,

Roger

Well, this YouTube thing is being a little pesky. I have recorded a couple of very short trial videos, but when I try to access my channel to view them, I get this: "an Error occurred loading th channel creation form. Please try again later". Don't know if that means later in life or later today, because it has been about 18 hours since I first tried and got that message. I looked at the help offered by YouTube and didn't get any help specific to this issue. I may bail out and try again with a new account or I just may bail out, which I hate doing...giving in to this teknucul stuff.

Anyone come across this issue? Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might offer.

Roger aka frustrated in Michigan

Well, this YouTube thing is being a little pesky. I have recorded a couple of very short trial videos, but when I try to access my channel to view them, I get this: "an Error occurred loading th channel creation form. Please try again later". Don't know if that means later in life or later today, because it has been about 18 hours since I first tried and got that message. I looked at the help offered by YouTube and didn't get any help specific to this issue. I may bail out and try again with a new account or I just may bail out, which I hate doing...giving in to this teknucul stuff.

Anyone come across this issue? Thanks in advance for any suggestions you might offer.

Roger aka frustrated in Michigan

"when I try to access my channel to view them..." So, you've already uploaded the test videos? If so, why would you need to be "loading the channel creation form"? Once you have a YT account, don't you already have a "channel", and you're just looking to hit the "upload" button?

Archived