Gibson Brands Forums

Prince Live@Brits awards 06'

10K-DB

when mtv broke, and i saw prince for the first time, i decided right away not to like him, because he looked and sounded nothing at all like judas priest or iron maiden.

however, i failed early on. you cant like music and not be able to recognize that he was one of the ultra rare few. ones who make an impact on music like the vredefort crater. that big

Thanks for the reminder of what a great performer he was. This is my all time favorite half time show:

I tried to find his version of "All along the watchtower" he did @ superbowl,,didnt see it out there. I have the entire superbowl show on VHS,,recorded it while watching game,,has that on it. Amazing stuff.

when mtv broke, and i saw prince for the first time, i decided right away not to like him, because he looked and sounded nothing at all like judas priest or iron maiden.

however, i failed early on. you cant like music and not be able to recognize that he was one of the ultra rare few. ones who make an impact on music like the vredefort crater. that big

Yea,,some may not like his pop/dance type stuff,,but its cool because he blends funk/rock/pop/ballad in a unique way for sure.

I still haven't haven't really listened to him. The MTV videos didn't do much to whet my appetite at the time.

Really? ok,,fine by me. His performance is really world class IMO. And his backup singers something to behold.:)

I still haven't haven't really listened to him. The MTV videos didn't do much to whet my appetite at the time.

then try this one:

Backstory has it that Prince told the producer "not to worry", and just sat bacstage until he came on, then proceeded to play this solo, proving he really was a good guitar player LOL. FF to about 3:30 for the solo.

And to this day, even if they know, no one is saying where his guitar went at the end!

then try this one:

Backstory has it that Prince told the producer "not to worry", and just sat bacstage until he came on, then proceeded to play this solo, proving he really was a good guitar player LOL. FF to about 3:30 for the solo.

And to this day, even if they know, no one is saying where his guitar went at the end!

Nice one,,ya know I think he tossed his tele at the end of the vid @ Brit awards also,,looks like the same one Wonder what amp rig he uses? sounds friggin awsome

Archived