Gibson Brands Forums

i need help!!!!

myownreality

There are four Guitar Center stores within forty miles of you - Harrisburg, Lancaster, and Towson and Glen Burnie, MD.

According to the Gibson website, these are all of the authorised dealers in Pennsylvania:

George's Music - North Wales, North Wales

George's Music - Springfield, Springfield

Guitar Center - 851, Langhorne

Guitar Center - 852, Plymouth Meeting

Guitar Center - 853, Monroeville

Guitar Center - 854, Harrisburg

Guitar Center - 855, Pittsburgh

Guitar Center - 856, Whitehall

Guitar Center - 857, Moosic

Guitar Center - 858, Lancaster

Guitar Gallery, Cannonsburg

Guitar Villa, Quakertown

Pianos n' Stuff, Pittsburgh

Sam Ash - Franklin Mills, Philadelphia

West Chester Music, West Chester

What is your budget? That is the first point. I can say that in today's economy, buying used guitars can get you some awesome deals. Check the local Criagslist if you have one, check this forum in the used section, take a gander at what is available over at the Acoustic Guitar Forum in their Classified section etc. There are some great deals to be had for those looking. The search for a good new guitar is the most fun a guitar player can have next to playing their guitar! Play many and choose the one that sounds best to you when you play and when someone else plays it while you listen.

My personal recommendation is the Gibson Advance Jumbo, but that is only because that is what I have. It does everything from rock to slow stuff, strumming and fingerstyle very nicely!

Here is what mine looks like...

Peace_Dove_Strap.jpg

Taylor Player gave you a lot of good suggestions. But like he said, the first place to start is to determine your budget. You will most likely get all kinds of opinions on what to buy, but some will fall into your budget range and some won't. It will still come down to what sounds good to you. So go out and play as many as you can find. You'll eventually narrow in on what you like.

There are four Guitar Center stores within forty miles of you - Harrisburg' date=' Lancaster, and Towson and Glen Burnie, MD.

According to the Gibson website, these are all of the authorised dealers in Pennsylvania:

George's Music - North Wales, North Wales

George's Music - Springfield, Springfield

Guitar Center - 851, Langhorne

Guitar Center - 852, Plymouth Meeting

Guitar Center - 853, Monroeville

Guitar Center - 854, Harrisburg

Guitar Center - 855, Pittsburgh

Guitar Center - 856, Whitehall

Guitar Center - 857, Moosic

Guitar Center - 858, Lancaster

Guitar Gallery, Cannonsburg

Guitar Villa, Quakertown

Pianos n' Stuff, Pittsburgh

Sam Ash - Franklin Mills, Philadelphia

West Chester Music, West Chester[/quote']

My mom lives in East Fallowfield (Coatesville?) and they shop at West Chester. They've been happy with the service, etc there.

i appreciate everyone's feedback as to my budget to be honest i want a good ***** guitar i have an alvarez now and i like it but i am willing to spend 3 grand if i have to because i am just going to finance it.i know gibson's guitars are still really nice used but i think i want to buy a new one.i was looking at the gibson advanced jumbo i love everything about it except for the pickguard lol maybe i will change it.

Your pickguard comment strikes home with me.... I didn't like it either when I was auditioning my AJ, but the pure tone and playability of the guitar got me past that. I always said that I was more into the tone of a guitar rather than the looks and the AJ's sound made it the obvious choice of the guitars I was looking at. But I have to say, the pickguard and overall look of the guitar reminds me of the "Ugly duckling" girl in elementary school that grew into a raving beauty. For some reason it has really grown on me and now I love it... go figure! I always get comments on what a cool looking guitar it is. A buddy of mine is a "Martin" only kind of guy, yet everytime he comes over to my house, his Martin's tends to stay in their cases as he always claims dib's on my AJ when we pick or jam together. (Kind of pisses me off since I also want to play it, but I feel sorry for him since all he has is a couple nice Martins from the 60's and 70's and he doesn't get to play a nice Gibby very often.) B)

Archived