Gibson Brands Forums

Tarantino R rated Star Trek film????? Plus Patrick Stuart????

Rabs

Huh?? Howd that happen.. Sounds like a good idea to me though :)

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/79071

Hello all, Mad Dashiell here, set phasers to stunned this is some really amazing news for the STAR TREK universe!

This week the internet was abuzz about the prospect of Quentin Tarantino influencing the STAR TREK universe after pitching a film idea to JJ Abrams and Paramount. This turn of events seems to be going at full warp speed ahead. Tarantino has since been meeting with writers like Mark L. Smith, Drew Pearce, and Lindsey Beer. They have been kicking around ideas, 3 writers enter and one will leave with a job. It looks like so far the number one front-runner is Smith, writer of THE REVENANT. the entire scope of this project is set to boldly go where no group of writers has gone before!

Another rumor circulating around the Treky campfire buzz is that Tarantino has required the film to be rated R. Word is Paramount and Abrams said to make it so, with all parties in full agreeance. Most companies have been traditionally against a film of this scale and genre being anything higher than PG-13. We certainly have Fox’s DEADPOOL, the biggest R rated film ever to thank for this all happening right now. The R rating was crucial to Tarantino in order for him to hopefully direct this next STAR TREK installment. Will this affect Quentin's set 10 number of films he had in mind to make? It won't! QT said that if he made a James Bond or a Star Trek, that would be outside of his 10! So we may get 11, thanks for joining me,

Then this bit of news http://www.aintitcool.com/node/79087

Hi folks, Precious Roy here… hot on the heels of the Quentin Tarantino STAR TREK announcement comes word that Sir Patrick Stewart would be open to playing Captain Jean Luc Picard one more time if it meant working with Tarantino!Asked by The Hollywood Reporter at the Dubai International Film Festival, Stewart said, “People are always saying to me, 'Will you be Jean-Luc Picard again?' And I cannot think that would be possible, but there are ways in which something like that might come about. But one of my dreams is to work with Tarantino. I admire his work so much, and to be in a Tarantino film would give me so much satisfaction. So, if he is going to direct something to do with Star Trek and there was the possibility of dear old Jean-Luc showing up again and doing that for Mr. Tarantino, I would embrace it.”

That sounds like a very direct answer, and Stewart sounds completely serious. Could we be looking at a continuation of the post-Voyager Star Trek universe aboard the Enterprise-E, with Picard? I can’t fathom how such a film would work. Stewart is a great actor, and Tarantino is a great director, but never would I have paired the two together, before… Guy Ritchie, perhaps, but never Tarantino. then again, I never thought that I would be alive to see Tarantino direct Star Trek. This is a pairing that I’d really like to see!

Archived