Gibson Brands Forums

Sigma LG2 copy...VERY cool little guitar

Jinder

I don’t want to get into the debate about copyright issues or Pac Rim vs American made etc.

I’m just giving this little guitar props for being playable and toneful. This example was a very good guitar which sounded uncannily similar to the LG2 American Eagle I owned previously, perhaps a little brighter and more articulate.

I would always rather own a Gibson than a guitar like a Sigma, but if I didn’t own my Epi EL-00 and was in that particular market (a gig ready parlour that I could fly with without worrying myself to death) I’d buy the Sigma in a flash as it punches well above its weight for a sub-£500 box.

The fact that the LG2 American Eagles that sold for £1200 last year now retail at £1800 is only going to push players towards guitars like this.

Apologies for not appearing to take the guitar seriously, Jinder - I was just horsing around.

I have owned budget 00 sizes on the path to the big guys. Speaking of the Big Guys, isn't the design just a bit close to the real thing? A bit like pinching everyone's songs, isn't it?

BluesKing777.

Apologies for not appearing to take the guitar seriously, Jinder - I was just horsing around.

I have owned budget 00 sizes on the path to the big guys. Speaking of the Big Guys, isn't the design just a bit close to the real thing? A bit like pinching everyone's songs, isn't it?

BluesKing777.

You’ve changed your tune

You’ve changed your tune

Like I said, I was only stirring....

But I may be in a better mood today after the 2 recalcitrants of my life who don’t answer their phone, return messages, some hysterically desperate sounding messages they may be, I suppose, but they have both ‘picked up’. (one of the problem sides of one man genius operations, they wander off now and again without leaving any clues where or why).

The Cargill is back!

The car is getting another clutch tomorrow!

BluesKing777.

Like I said, I was only stirring....

But I may be in a better mood today after the 2 recalcitrants of my life who don’t answer their phone, return messages, some hysterically desperate sounding messages they may be, I suppose, but they have both ‘picked up’. (one of the problem sides of one man genius operations, they wander off now and again without leaving any clues where or why).

The Cargill is back!

The car is getting another clutch tomorrow!

BluesKing777.

No offence taken ☺️ What car do you drive?

Ha! Splurted my coffee.... [biggrin]

An old in joke, Jinder and we haven’t heard from the starter of the rumour, FMA, for a long while.

Do they still make Yugos?

I mean, I need a spare car - living in the far reaches of humanity can be great when riding the pushbike past the snakes and eagles and ducks and stuff, but when the sole car gets sick....it can be a real, real nuisance. A lime green Yugo as a spare car, lying/leaning on the grass near the letterbox would liven up the row of 4 wheel drives across the road at the Adams Family house. I could park ON the road so everyone has to go AROUND it, like some others! [mellow]

Off to mechanic in a mo.

BluesKing777.

Hmmmmm.....

By the look of the mechanic’s compound full of cars to fix, I doubt very, very much if I will get it back tomorrow as first promised but possibly not even it see it agan this year! He is a solo working genius.

I mean, I can tie this back to the original post by saying this - I could tell the mechanic: “Don’t give me the car back until EVERYTHING is fixed!”.....and there is a chance that the guitars would be gone and I would not afford to buy the Sigma LG copy without getting a second job.... [mellow]

Pushbike riding weekend coming up! [crying]

BluesKing777.

I'd trust something with Lucas electrics before a Yugo, and that's rather dark(!) & scary!

I used to have a bumper sticker which read "Joseph Lucas - Prince of Darkness". I cut my teeth on 1960s Triumph motorcyles and owned a Triumph TR-250 and a TR-3 so earned my wings.

By the way, a Bosch wiring harness cured a whole lot of ills.

I have never abandoned the budget 00 guitars and others even though I play with the "big guys." I have always believed that sometimes you would do better by going with one of the "other guys" higher end guitars than the big guys lower end offerings.

I have never abandoned the budget 00 guitars and others even though I play with the "big guys." I have always believed that sometimes you would do better by going with one of the "other guys" higher end guitars than the big guys lower end offerings.

It does seem like the Big Guys don’t want us - my needs are simple - I have found over the last few years that I like 1 3/4” nut spread to 2 3/8” bridge space, radius changing as I try them.... [mellow] Good luck unless I buy a Martin Authentic OM (I did) or a fine array of what is known as “Dentist Guitars”.....(which I found a used 1993 Lowden S35 Tasmanian Blackwood with Cedar top, an absolute gem with all the right sizes, and now I know I love Cedar tops! [biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin]

BluesKing777.

HA !!!

finally. A man who seems to understand my ‘interest’ in the all sold sigmas

Zomby , what would you like to drink . I’m buying

Archived