Gibson Brands Forums

Well I got screwed

callen3615

Well I have been playing guitar for about 14 months now. So I mainly play by myself...99.9% of the time. I have jammed a few times with my uncle (drums) and a guy I know from school (bass). My neighbor also plays guitar and drums. So I dont every really get to rock out in a hole "bandlike" scenario. Anyway, my neighbor found a guy at his high school who is supposed to be pretty good at guitar. He jammed last weekend with him, my friend (the bass guy). My neighbor played the drums. After jamming with them they decided that they should form a "band", all they needed was another guitarist. So today when I was in class I got a call from my boss asking me If I could work late on saturday, I didnt have plans so I said I could. 20 minutes after getting that call my neighbor texted me and said that they were jamming saturday and if I came I could be in their band. Childish, I know, but I have never had this opportunity. Needless to say I was stoked. =P~ Then I realized that I had to work for someone else Saturday instead. #-o Needless to say I was PISSED.

I went by work today to see if I could switch back but apparently that was a done deal and they would see me saturday for a 10 hour shift. So I kinda feel screwed right now. [-o< [-o< [-o<](*,)' ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Dude thats sucks dont worry you got your hole life to jam!

Thats true, Its just that Ive been playing to dam backing tracks for 6 months and its old. Ive gotten pretty good at playing along with my computer. Id take a 30min jam session over 1 month of playing guitar by myself.

ask them to change the date cause you've got work that day. either they wont change it which means they don't really want you in particular as the other guitarist you were just availible. or they will change it cause the actually want you and not just any guitarist (or it's just cause you have a job ;) ).

if it doesn't work out it just wasn't meant to happen. go on with your life and you will find another band, or start you own with your uncle. it may be kind of lame to have a family member be your drummer but i bet he will be better than any drummers you find who are your age. he would have alot more experiance i would imagine. then you just need a bassist and vocals (unless you or your uncle can also sing).

Archived