Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Hummingbird True Vintage - $1750 NY Craigslist

thegreatgumbino

I will never buy a guitar with a top crack...

My Farida got a humidity related center seam crack. I’ve had it “permanently “ repaired twice. I can handle it on a Farida. I’d not be able to with a fine Gibson.

Let that be your beater!

Red 333

Edited by Red 333

Let that be your beater!

Red 333

Perfect. A beater Bird is an uncommon thing to find. Right in Sal’s neck of the woods, too.

Is it really a center seam separation? 1 inch off of the “wing” of the bridge on the treble side of the lower bout almost looks to be a crack. (?).

And it comes with that case, too.(+1)

Just play whatever guitar makes you happy Sal

Only here once ...

Worth money but they’re only guitars to make a nice noise and inspire us

And while I could be rightly accused of being in the ‘doesn’t matter what guitar you play’ camp , I’ve been proved wrong a few times with people saying ‘that’s a nice guitar’

And more importantly it makes me happy playing it , therefore I play better , I reckon anyway

Edited by blindboygrunt

Let that be your beater!

Good thinking straight from the hat

I wouldn't mind having a seriously repaired high-end guitar. But, yes it becomes something else. A ragged king in strongest sense of the phrase.

In fact I already have one. The HD-28V of 2 I kept has a fixed cracked seam. Did it myself with wood-filler and paint and fine sandpaper.

Also sanded down a lot of the V-shaped neck and the hog is now raw and unprotected. Doesn't matter - the guitar can take it and so can I.

The truth is these stunts brought us closer together.

Then again, , , a Hummingbird TV is different - it was meant to be so beautiful.