Gibson Brands Forums

Web Strings?

Boston004681

Don't make me beat you, AXE.

I love WebStrings and have been using them for a couple of years now; prior to that, I used to use mostly GHS (Boomers or Super Steels).They sound great, perform great and are CHEAP. I buy enough sets to get the biggest discount and free shipping which works out to be $2.50 per set. I'll never pay brand name prices again.

By the way, you have too much blinking crap in your sig. It gives me the dry heaves.

Never heard of them. Fill me in won't ya?

They're just quality nickel wrapped strings at a great price. Apparently' date=' there are only a few companies that actually make strings and a lot of companies who buy the strings from them and brand the strings as their own. WebStrings buys strings from one of those companies and puts their name on them too but packs them two strings to an envelope, doesn't advertise and sells only direct so they can offer them at lower prices; they rely on word of mouth to promote their products. If you like steel electric guitar strings, then WebStrings aren't for you as they don't sell them. They also sell acoustic and bass strings but I've never tried them.

WebStrings

They're just quality nickel wrapped strings at a great price. Apparently' date=' there are only a few companies that actually make strings and a lot of companies who buy the strings from them and brand the strings as their own. WebStrings buys strings from one of those companies and puts their name on them too but packs them two strings to an envelope, doesn't advertise and sells only direct so they can offer them at lower prices; they rely on word of mouth to promote their products. If you like steel electric guitar strings, then WebStrings aren't for you as they don't sell them. They also sell acoustic and bass strings but I've never tried them.

WebStrings

Thanks. Bookmarked. :-k

Archived