Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson registration cards (sent in 15 days after purchase)

siod

Hello,

I have a question regarding the Gibson registration cards that need to be sent in 15 days after purchase...

I did fill out and send my registration cards in (late by a few months).

My question is this:

Will Gibson send me any feedback (snail mail or email) that they have received and processed my information?

Otherwise is there a way I can verify they have received and processed my information?

Thanking you in advance...

Hello,

I have a question regarding the Gibson registration cards that need to be sent in 15 days after purchase...

I did fill out and send my registration cards in (late by a few months).

My question is this:

Will Gibson send me any feedback (snail mail or email) that they have received and processed my information?

Otherwise is there a way I can verify they have received and processed my information?

Thanking you in advance...

No, you probably will not hear anything in the way of feedback. For warranty servicing, all you really need is your sales invoice. be sure to save that. They just need proof of ownership to show that you are the person who the warranty would cover.

In the olden days before the internet you would send in a warranty registration and they would actually send you a form letter congratulating (not thanking) you on the purchase. It stated that "Your guitar was hand-crafted by over 100 highly skilled luthiers in our Nashville, Tennessee facility. Its quality lacquer finish has been buffed to a beautiful sheen which will provide your guitar with a rich, durable covering for many years to come. As such, your instrument is unique unto itself with its own look, sound and personality."

It went on to say that it was backed by a lifetime warranty and a toll free number for customer service.

Nowadays in the world of instant gratification of course everything is done on-line, and there is no personal touch of a snail mail letter. Although when I bought a LP Standard in 2017 inside the case was a photo of my guitar on the workbench being tested out - so that was sort of personal. [biggrin]

Archived