Gibson Brands Forums

Huge Issue with Signing In

Leonard McCoy

Every time I try to sign in the site won't accept my (correct) password. And so I have to reset it every time in order to sign into this (old) account and to be able to post here. Tried it with Chrome as well as Edge. Hugely annoying. The issue keeps repeating.

Edited by Leonard McCoy

3 hours ago, Leonard McCoy said:

That worked, thanks a lot.

It's just annoying to see that the log-in form has your e-mail as a possibility as well. 😕

Well you are in so that's cool.

While it is slightly annoying to have these small issues. I do appreciate the work put in to it..  Generally everything has gone well most things work.. Theres always going to be a few small glitches to iron out with such a huge change..  And I also appreciate that they are keeping this forum at all let alone trying to improve it..  It costs a fair amount to keep a site like this running , they could have just closed it if they wanted..  So thanks Admins and the powers that be (JC)..  While its pretty quite these days, its still a good place to be [thumbup]

17 hours ago, Rabs said:

Well you are in so that's cool.

While it is slightly annoying to have these small issues. I do appreciate the work put in to it..  Generally everything has gone well most things work.. Theres always going to be a few small glitches to iron out with such a huge change..  And I also appreciate that they are keeping this forum at all let alone trying to improve it..  It costs a fair amount to keep a site like this running , they could have just closed it if they wanted..  So thanks Admins and the powers that be (JC)..  While its pretty quite these days, its still a good place to be [thumbup]

Log-in issues are always severe since they are so impactful to the individual user (they might never come back). For instance, other (long)-term users weren't so fortunate, or rather tech-savvy, to fight through those.

Edited by Leonard McCoy

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same problem and so wasn't active for about a month.  The other day I decided to try my "display" name which I would refer to as "screen" name and that got me back in.  The email and actual username were not effective.  All's well that ends well, just hard to know how many other of our regular pals on here haven't figured out how to sign in?  I think the older we are the less tech savvy (at least that is certainly true in my case).