Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Homecoming

Hogeye

Just a last minute heads up for the folks. The "Gibson Homecoming" is this week-end.  Several regulars are not going to make it this year for various reasons but one, Dave from Salt Lake , Came up last week-end to check in with old friends and go to Music Villa's anniversary party. It was great to have breakfast with him again. Dave always brings his Kopp guitars up so that Kevin can make adjustments and check them out.

The Music Villa anniversary party was a very nice event. A bit bitter sweet as my long time pal Larry Barnwell announced his retirement from Martin Guitar. Larry will spend his retirement here in Bozeman and St. George.

Kevin Kopp stopped by with his new dog Wriggley. She's a wire hair Griffon and as funny as only a puppy can be. Kevin just shipped his newest batch of guitars so there are going to be some lucky folks enjoying them soon.  Duluthdan won't be able to come up this year. We won't miss him so much but we will miss Powder. Ha....Travel safe Dan. Hope to see ya soon.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Powder is recovering well from her surgery following the dog attack in York Nebraska.  Bummed this derailed us from Bozeman this year - but are busy planning the Powder, Two Guitars and a Trailer tour from Colorado to Cape Cod.   The J-35 will make the trip because it is our favorite and has a very nice Trance that can be used as we try to hit Open Mics as we make our way down the trail.  I figure missing the Homecoming this year saved me $3,000 on the guitar I usually end up acquiring from MV.  Sorry we missed seeing you, maybe we can catch you on the flip-flop. 6Bta7Bj.jpg

I'll be retiring in the next few years and this is on my bucket list. I lived in Oregon for a minute when I was 10 and plan to journey up there and try to find a certain spot, or two.

Bozeman is a leg of that trip.

Hope you all have a good time.