Gibson Brands Forums

Fender Replaces old MIM line with new Vintera Series

Fender just announced a new Vintera series to replace the classic series, looks cool but some of the prices have went up it seems. I just bought a new blonde Baja tele a few weeks ago but it has some issues so Im sending it back and getting another, but now Im wondering if I should just get the 50’s Modified tele which is the same guitar (it seems) but with some cool new color options. Its also like $70.00 more than the baja, though. I guess I should be joining the Telecaster forum to post this but I like the gibson one better 😋maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by TheLeadFlatpick
  • Upvote 2

I kinda like that one, too but its just in the Vintera Classic not modified. For some reason they dont offer the Modified in that color. I just checked on the price and found that the Modified is $999.99 while the baja is $824.99! For $125 dollars I may just settle for the blonde finished baja tele

2 hours ago, TheLeadFlatpick said:

I kinda like that one, too but its just in the Vintera Classic not modified. For some reason they dont offer the Modified in that color...

After your OP I had a look on the official Fender UK website and, here in UK, the Vintera model range seems to be as follows; The Strat, whether '50s or '60s, can be had in normal vintage spec or modified spec. The Standard (i.e. not DeLuxe etc.) Tele, OTOH, can only be had as a Vintage for the '50s version and only as a Modified for the '60s version.

Perhaps the other versions will be rolled-out later in the year?...

:-k

EDIT : OK, weird. Having checked with an actual guitar shop in the UK there are options of both Vintage AND Modified in both ranges AND with finish-options not shown of the official Fender site!

Have a look at a shop website rather than the Fender site, LeadFlatpick. You might find what you want is, in reality, on offer.

Pip.

Edited by pippy

On Guitar Center’s website it says the 50’s modified tele has a modern C neck profile, so I guess that makes it different from a Baja Tele. I really like the larger neck on my Baja so I’ll just send my blonde Baja back and get one without any issues. Also the blonde 50’s modified is $50 more than the other colors, which makes it $1049.00. I think Ill keep my $824.99 blonde baja with the chunkier neck, thank you.