Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Rd

EVH5445

Yea, and this one is sweet. Lacks all the mid-range punch from the usual 24 3/4" scale with anything else than Dirtyfingers. Did get and keep it for that.

I have been torn about adding a PA-2 boost, (which goes good with the Dirtyfingers and the 25 1/2 scale, but just can't bring myself to cut it up.

000_3107.jpg

and have been gas-in for this cut up 1979 es Artist

79esartist.jpg

Yeah, had an Artist with the circuitry in back which was underwhelming. After wiring it up with "normal" Gibson 2 vol 2 tone & switch it was a much more usable guitar, playability was top notch as was feel and sound after the rewire. When I sold it the electronics were handed to the new owner who couldn't wait to re- install them. Chocolate, Vanilla or Pistacio, eh?

i never really cared for the RD shape on a guitar' date='

but the RD shape for a bass thats a different story, that shape was meant for bass in my opinion[/quote']

I agree for a bass it's a great shape. The original with all the stupid Moog electronics is an even better idea. There's more on it for a bass player than a guitar player. The new Reissue without all the Moog stuff is great. I'm used to playing large bodied instruments (larger body Flying V, Firebird, Explorer, etc), so the RD is perfect for me. Even better, the weight distribution is perfect.

I agree for a bass it's a great shape. The original with all the stupid Moog electronics is an even better idea. There's more on it for a bass player than a guitar player. The new Reissue without all the Moog stuff is great. I'm used to playing large bodied instruments (larger body Flying V' date=' Firebird, Explorer, etc), so the RD is perfect for me. Even better, the weight distribution is perfect. [/quote']

yea i heared the RD's balance is similar to the explorer's. and its a great bass shape just like the firebird is for the thunderbird

yea i heared the RD's balance is similar to the explorer's. and its a great bass shape just like the firebird is for the thunderbird

Honestly, as much as I like Spector basses', the combination of tone and absolute comfortability of the Thunderbird bass to me is just unmatched.

You know the best thing about that guitar was that I got it for $300.00. It was in perfect working order with the original case. I'm sure the guy didn't know what he had and I almost feel bad that I got it so cheap.......Almost.LOL

Archived