Gibson Brands Forums

Party Favorites

Steven Tari

Went to a party, the mans wife runs a catering service. It was a sample party. Trying all kinds of Wine, Mixed Drinks, cheeses, Spreads and main course dishes. Heres some of my favorites.

Mixed Summer Drink- Fresh made Lemonade mixed with Gin On Ice

Mixed Hot Drink -Fresh Applecider with Shine or Vodka

Cocktail-Jumbo frozen shrimp in Vodka Cream sauce

Main Course-Stuffed Filet Of Flounder, (I couldn't make up my mind if I liked the Crab or Lobster stuffing the best)With garlic butter

Cheeses- Pepper Jack or Jalapeno

Dessert- Lime Shooters and Fresh made French Apple Pie ,( The peach cobbler was killer also)

Bread- Good ole Cornbread with Honey

Spread- Melted Cheese, Spinch and Jalapeno Spread

No one went away Hungry, She let us pack Doggie bags also. :) =P~ =P~

So what are some of your favorites?

I love stuffed flounder, we make it here whenever we get flounder. We use crab meat for the stuffing. I really like the idea of having one food, stuffed with another food. We had a turducken for Thanksgiving. If you've never had one, they are awesome. It's a boneless turkey stuffed with a boneless duck and oyster stuffing, then stuffed with a boneless chicken and some cornbread stuffing...

I love stuffed flounder' date=' we make it here whenever we get flounder. We use crab meat for the stuffing. I really like the idea of having one food, stuffed with another food. We had a turducken for Thanksgiving. If you've never had one, they are awesome. It's a boneless turkey stuffed with a boneless duck and oyster stuffing, then stuffed with a boneless chicken and some cornbread stuffing...[/quote']

Crabs only function in life is to serve as stuffing. Straight up it is just too crabbish.

This is second time I've heard of Turducken, sounds like a lot of work.....but worth it, yes?

Crabs only function in life is to serve as stuffing. Straight up it is just too crabbish.

This is second time I've heard of Turducken' date=' sounds like a lot of work.....but worth it, yes?[/quote']

If you had to make one yourself, I think it would be too much hastle, you can order them over the internet, or as in our case, my wife's grandmother brought on with her from Louisiana. Turduckens are very good.

You don't like stone crabs, king crabs or fried softshell crabs?

If you had to make one yourself' date=' I think it would be too much hastle, you can order them over the internet, or as in our case, my wife's grandmother brought on with her from Louisiana. Turduckens are very good.

You don't like stone crabs, king crabs or fried softshell crabs?[/quote']

Well, I am going to check into the Turducken. Another gig I haven't tried is the turkey cooked in a Turkey Frier.

No, do not like any of that stuff, and, more's the pity, don't like lobster, which is plentiful here in New England. However, like you, I think it makes a terrific stuffing.

And everything is better with that good ol' Duff beer.

Archived