Gibson Brands Forums

Trustful Repair

unam45

I bought my Gibson SG Standart in 2008 in New York it is my most valuable asset. I live in Portugal and I'm having some electric problems with one of the pickups. I wanted to send it to a repair shop.

I tried contacting gibson, to see if they have a trustee repair partner in Portugal, I've contacted them in Facebook and Instagram, even the repair shop page in fb. I've sent them a email and got no answer, it has been a month...

My questions are does anyone know if they have a specific page so I can contact them?

Would you trust your Gibson to a non gibson certified guitar shop, even if it is a main one in Lisbon ( my town)

Thanks

YES!

If the shop has good techs, I wouldn't have any problem with it. 

There's a lady in my home town that's been repairing guitars as her source of income for over 30 years.  I trust her infinitely more than I would trust someone I did not know that claimed they were an "Authorized Service Center"...  around here, most of the techs put that on their Web site to attract customers.  I've tried some of these shops and the reality is, they do nothing different or know any more about what needs to be done than the next guy.

Replacing pickups or fixing a bad swtich of volume or tone pot isn't exactly rocket science.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2019 at 9:57 PM, unam45 said:

I bought my Gibson SG Standart in 2008 in New York it is my most valuable asset. I live in Portugal and I'm having some electric problems with one of the pickups. I wanted to send it to a repair shop.

I tried contacting gibson, to see if they have a trustee repair partner in Portugal, I've contacted them in Facebook and Instagram, even the repair shop page in fb. I've sent them a email and got no answer, it has been a month...

tweakbox appvalley https://vlc.onl/

My questions are does anyone know if they have a specific page so I can contact them?

Would you trust your Gibson to a non gibson certified guitar shop, even if it is a main one in Lisbon ( my town)

Thanks

my issue got solved!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1