Gibson Brands Forums

A little help with this SG

Leo Rebelo

Hey guys.. how you doin?

i found this guitar here in Brazil. It’s very different from the others Epis SG.

High quality finish, locking tunes (gibson deluxe)... but I just can’t find what series is about.

The guy told me that he bought in Gibson factory, and that model is a chinese Epi (the serial number match this info) and was finish by Gibbo Custom Department. 

The pickups are customs made by a friend of mine. But I think that the originals was Gibson too.

can you guys help me? I didn’t find any information!! 

Thanks!! 

3F8CCFA3-7B0B-4D82-AB2A-4F2422CDF20B.jpeg

EC7C189B-722C-4076-ABC7-043C1F4245DB.jpeg

CA6894F3-8F97-4FE3-9AA4-83BBA855FF6C.jpeg

932ED9D7-8597-4C44-B8DB-3F19B131A807.jpeg

Hi, spart from the tuners and sticker, it's a standard epiphone ' worn G400' model. The tuners have just been replaced, the sticker added.

They dont just finish epiphones in the Gibson custom shop for people, the obvious fact is IF it were genuinely hand finished in the USA custom shop why would they then put the same crappy inspected in the USA sticker on the back with the other standard stickers seen on all other epiphones, but not on Gibson's?

He's attempting to show off or make way more money for it.

He's shown you pics of him sitting in the Gibson factory, receiving this guitar?

Gibson custom shop did not take a standard base model G400, finish it in one of the two available finishes, that Gibson dont do. They spray nitro not poly. Then add a custom inlay from a parent brand, that isn't named on the guitar at all, then fit badly some different tuners. And then to finish it off, this person seriously expects you to believe that Gibsons finest custom shom luthiers cant even stick the stickers on straight?

If you want to believe him, go ahead. 

It's still a lie though.....

1 hour ago, Leo Rebelo said:

No! 

He is with the brand new guitar in the store in Nashville. 

Brand new guitar like that.  No differences except the pickups. Since than no mods in tuners, stickers, inlays... anything. 

That’s my doubt... He bought brand new with all of this mods. 

When did he buy it? 

It was made 9 years ago, in china, and sold in the USA. 

Its 100% a worn G400 model, in faded satin brown. 

Whatever modifications have been done were not done by the Gibson factory in Nashville.

They dont do it.

kind of sounds like you're being handed a load of Bull sh*t..  Gibson wouldn't refinish this,, it's, as previously mentioned a "worn" finish as applied at the factory in China.

By the way, in case you were wondering..

Guitar dater says:  (from this link) https://www.guitardaterproject.org/epiphone.aspx

Your guitar was made in
China
on December, 2010
Production Number: 1017

Edited by kidblast