Gibson Brands Forums

(Replacement handle) Gibson gen 2 hard case

Jay doggy dog

( ) HellllOOO0000ooo . . . out there. Is this thing working tap tap. seriously, though, Is there anyone out there that knows where i migjt might find a replacement handle for my gen 2 chainsaw hardcase. You know the foam handle. In case your curious, keep reading. If not, can you point me in the direction of one?Thankyou! So i bought it on a whim. Was a spir of the moment thing. I was at pawn shop one day when this gentleman came in trying to pawn his case.  The pawn shop didnt want it because of the handle. After listening and looking the guy walked out the shop and i did exactly what you would do. Haha . i said, bro ill give you $40 bucks for the case. Thats all he was asking for inside. And we both walked away happy. I figured id have no problem finding a handle for it. Nope. I cant find one anywhere. Does anyone know where I might find one? I removed it and its easily relaceable, 3 phillips screws without any dammage to anything.See pics. 

Much appreciated!!

15693429581291294257102713546390.jpg

Edited by Jay doggy dog

• 4 years later...
On 9/24/2019 at 7:25 PM, fortyearspickn said:

Not sure where you are - but if you can find a 'luggage repair' shop - they will know where to look to find one.  G'luick. 

When was the last time you saw a shop that repaired luggage?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, zombywoof said:

When was the last time you saw a shop that repaired luggage?

Chuckle, well, if you lived here and they  were snakes,  they would have bit you.  We have 5 in the immediate twin cities area.  Granted, they are often little hole in the wall places in off beat areas, often doing shoe and other leather repair too, so that could be why they aren’t on your radar.