Gibson Brands Forums

Buying CDs and streaming music

jdgm

On 12/17/2019 at 6:14 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

I buy a CD every now and then when it gets released with cool extras like the last 3, 50th Anniversary LP'S by The Fab 4, and when Page remastered the Zep catalog and added a lot of studio outtakes.

I got to see Ronnie Montrose twice. What a day that was. Not the day I saw him, the day he took his life. That was a bummer.

I buy CDs from bands I hear live, along with jazz and classical. They get played on an indoor and outdoor entertainment system. Where I practice and play, I often use Echo hooked up to some decent speakers to jam with, so that uses Amazon music. To listen outside, we do CDs, Pandora, and Bose SoundTouch. CDs are a pain to change when I have to come back inside to do it.

Edited by zigzag

I think the Baby Boomers had the best rock music ever recorded.

I like the Big Band Jazz swing era, the Cool School Jazz era, and to me the greatest music ever is no longer very popular, Symphonic music; especially from the Romantic era (Beethoven's 3rd) to the present.

But any kind of music that has an audience is good music to the people in that audience. I find good and bad (read songs I like and dislike) in most genres of music. The late 60s and early 70s produced some of the most musically complex rock ever, but it also produced it's share of chewing gum for the ears.

What stands the test of time usually turns out to be the best of each era.

Insights and incites by Notes