Gibson Brands Forums

Slash J 45 demo

JuanCarlosVejar

Folks,

Check it out:

Some people here trash slash because they think he is just a Les Paul guy but I’ve played this guitar and it’s excellent. The huge 58/59 style neck gives it a massive shimmer/vibration.

It’s not like any J 45 I have played before.

The video in my opinion captures the tone very accurately.It’s an amazing guitar even if you hate Slash .... a few strums on this thing and you can’t deny that this is a wonderful J 45.

It has so much power that you could almost mistake it for a Rosewood backed jumbo.

As I said in the other post Gibson Acoustic is on fire right now.

JC

Edited by JuanCarlosVejar

1 minute ago, JuanCarlosVejar said:

If you place an order with a dealer you should be able to order it without any electronics.

JC

That is cool but I just got a 4k guitar and my wife would sever my  genitalia from my body if I got another guitar any time soon.

4 hours ago, cody78 said:

Nice, but I always remember Slash using Guild acoustics back in the 80's & 90's. When did he start using J-45's? 

C,

You are correct about the guilds (i believe he had a deal with them at that time) [but guild has changed hands many timed]

I don’t know when he started using J 45’s exactly but here he is playing one in 2014 :

He’s been playing Gibson Acoustics for a while now, Here he plays paradise city on a CJ -165 EC maple in 2008:

JC

Edited by JuanCarlosVejar

Thanks for the links. Interesting he does some bending on that 12 string in that last video. I never bend on a 12 string due to the nature of the instrument.  That CJ165 rosewood looks really nice in the other video.  I wonder why he switched from Guild to Gibson.? Growing up in the 90's I was a big GN'R fan, then followed Velvet Revolver and went to see them live around 2005, but after that I didn't pay as much attention. For me I always imagine Slash with his No.1 1987 Les Paul Standard or a Guild acoustic. Having said that, the J45 looks and sounds really great. He doesn't seem to have remained that faithful to a lot of the guitars he was known to play at the height of GN'R. I used to love the look of that Travis Bean he played on Bad Obsession live.